UNDER the KCPT TV tower

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
ramseym_com
Pad site
Pad site

UNDER the KCPT TV tower

Post by ramseym_com »

I stopped by the KCPT studios the other day for a meeting. During the tour of the TV station, we went outside under the TV/radio tower …so of course i whipped out my iPhone and took this photo and this short video. This perspective of the tower + metal construction is impressive! I remember walking under it and looking up and saying, “WHOA, this is awesome!”

(the picture + photo were taken with my iPhone ...i wished I had my nice video camera and DSLR)

--
http://www.ramseymohsen.com

Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Re: UNDER the KCPT TV tower

Post by Roanoker »

Your iPhone did a good job. Nice blue sky, too!
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Pretty cool.  I would get a huge kick out of climbing to the top of that. 
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Highlander wrote: Pretty cool.  I would get a huge kick out of climbing to the top of that. 
Allegedly, my Uncle made it about a third of the way up with some friends in High School, but they decided that was high enough.
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

That can be a very dangerous spot in the winter due to falling ice.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

KCFutbol wrote: That can be a very dangerous spot in the winter due to falling ice.
"It's only when you leave Kansas City do you realize truly how great a city it is. ... If you have to go away, go away for a while. You'll be back. And when you come back, bring your ideas and willingness to make Kansas City the best."- Sly James
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

Joe Smith
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Joe Smith »

KCFutbol wrote: That can be a very dangerous spot in the winter due to falling ice.
I've always wondered why they don't hook the tower up to some low current juice to keep it warm enough so ice couldn't form on it. 
There's nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot.   Harry Callahan

For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.  Hunter S. Thompson
ChefColby
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ChefColby »

Highlander wrote: Pretty cool.  I would get a huge kick out of climbing to the top of that. 
I'm not sure if this is true, but a friend of mine talked to a maintenance man there once and said a kid climbed all the way to the top and wrote his name close to the top...he made it down without any issues or anyone knowing....but he probably got a HUGE dose of radiation from being up there.