KC Trip, June 2008

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

KC Trip, June 2008

Post by Midtownkid »

I love coming back to KC as often as possible. There are always new things to see and new places to eat. Downtown always looks a little better, and unfortunately it seems parts of midtown always look a little worst. Undecided Not everywhere though, but I hope that all turns around soon. Anyway, as I've mentioned I brought some friends from DC to check our First Friday, The nelson, and all our cool independent restaurants and stores. They were impressed by what we have, but were not impressed with the energy of the city outside of FF. They kept saying everywhere was like a ghost town and the city felt lonely. I never thought this before, but the last couple times I have come back, I have noticed it more. I guess they are used to DC's constant clusterf**k of people. I don't care, I like things being more laid back and traffic being easy to deal with, but I was getting mad hearing them say this over and over. Oh well.

Anyway I wanted to share a bunch of pics I took over the extended weekend. Enjoy!

Always loved this building
[Image: IMG_3713.jpg]

Pabst!
[Image: IMG_3707.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3710.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3712.jpg]

First Friday
[Image: IMG_3720.jpg]

Hi Dave!
[Image: IMG_3717.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3753.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3734.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3739.jpg]

Cool Art
[Image: IMG_3732.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3730.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3725.jpg]

KC Pride was too crowded. Would be a good thing, but it was really too many people in too small of an area

[Image: IMG_3780.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3782.jpg]
Next day we went to the Nelson

It never stops amazing me

[Image: IMG_3942.jpg]

This glass is NOT dull!

[Image: IMG_3981.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4043.jpg]

New piece at the Kemper...or at least new to me. Very KC appropriate w/ Russel Stovers, Elbow, and Andres here

[Image: IMG_4001.jpg]

Back to the Crossroads

[Image: IMG_3857.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4224.jpg]

View from Blue Bird

[Image: IMG_3864.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4200.jpg]

The Rose Garden at Loose has been restored to its 1930s plan. Looked really good

[Image: IMG_4123.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4120.jpg] City Market morning

[Image: IMG_4086.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4112.jpg]

Spin Pizza, looks cool...tastes just OK

[Image: IMG_4134.jpg]

Ive never gotten such good pics of Union Station...it was just the right time of day

[Image: IMG_4208.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4211.jpg]

Sneaking into the Muni to show it off

[Image: IMG_4243.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4249.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4256.jpg]

Scarritt is still one of my favorites int he world

[Image: IMG_4274.jpg]

All done!

[Image: IMG_4278.jpg]

Go see the Lego exhibit if you are close by, it's small but cool

[Image: IMG_4294.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4296.jpg]

Downtown @ Night to see UP at the Mainstreet

[Image: IMG_4185.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4163.jpg]

Best modern-day theater ever!

[Image: IMG_4191.jpg]
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: KC Trip, June 2008

Post by Midtownkid »

Can you please delete this thread, or better yet bring it over from the other forum.  Not sure what happened to the pictures.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i've heard the ghost town comment more times than i care to count, and it's true. FF has almost become bittersweet because i know the next day things will go back to being "normal".
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

The OP needs to grab the code from the thread in "edit" mode from the other forum. Just highlighting the whole thread will not work.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

DaveKCMO wrote: i've heard the ghost town comment more times than i care to count, and it's true. FF has almost become bittersweet because i know the next day things will go back to being "normal".
One of the most frustrating things about KC is the overall lack of energy. There are really some AMAZING areas, places, landmarks all over town; but few are ever really busy or packed. You can enjoy all of this, but it's hard to enjoy a city when many of its signature attractions seem unpopular from the outside. The majority of Kansas Citians in areas like Clay County/JoCo/East Jack are pretty oblivious to how wonderful KC still is and seem more content in a Chick-fil-a drive-thru than exploring the Liberty Memorial grounds or seeing a play at the KC Rep. A lot of people that move to the city take more interest in all its amenities that lifelong residents of the region-- more reason to continue repopulating the urban core.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Midtownkid wrote: Can you please delete this thread, or better yet bring it over from the other forum.  Not sure what happened to the pictures.
You can't just copy and paste the pictures. These are text inputs. Picture code needs to be followed.
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by Midtownkid »

bahua wrote: You can't just copy and paste the pictures. These are text inputs. Picture code needs to be followed.
No, I am locked out of my account on the old message board.  I have no idea why.  I was using the same password i though...it isn't working.  Anyway, who cares now.