Inside The Sprint Center

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
Cobbler
Surface Lot

Re: Inside The Sprint Center

Post by Cobbler »

The thing about bridges is that they're mostly used for getting people from one place to another.  There are a lot of bridges in Kansas City and from time to time some of them are bound to be under construction.  It's really something that should have been included in the architecture of the Sprint Arena.  Take the yellow glass and the lack of pictures or models of bridges and I think it shows just why KC didn't get the Penguins.
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

Yes, the Mizzou Arena does get some nice light and is a great venue.  The finish of the Mizzou Arena is very nice, it has nice suites, a restaurant, private entrance et cetera.  All that being said I look for the Sprint Center to be beyond that or any other comparable arena, including the Ford Center in OKC.  It should be stunning and a place that captures a lot of attention.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

Cobbler wrote: The thing about bridges is that they're mostly used for getting people from one place to another.  There are a lot of bridges in Kansas City and from time to time some of them are bound to be under construction.  It's really something that should have been included in the architecture of the Sprint Arena.  Take the yellow glass and the lack of pictures or models of bridges and I think it shows just why KC didn't get the Penguins.
I agree.  I think that a well maintained bridge running through the middle of the Sprint Center would have gone a long way in attracting the Penguins to KC.  Perhaps even a bridge that connects the Sprint Center to Kemper Arena. 
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

When I used to go to Blades games, I always thought that they should have done a promo with some auto repair chain where you get a discount on alignment by showing your ticket stub. When I went to the remodeling show a couple of months ago, I noticed that the bridge is as shitty as ever.
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

Cobbler is correct.  I think there was a quote from Mario LeMieux that didn't get in the papers when he toured the Sprint Center...

"Nice arena, eh.  Oh golly, this arena is gosh darn nice.  Yeah, but why did somebody piss on some of the glass?  It's all yellow, eh.  And it needs more bridges don't ya know.  Somebody bring me a Molson."  
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DowntownBryan »

Hilarious. Good use of the word "eh". It made your post not fail 100%....only 95%.

2 words to describe this arena.... Holy shit.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

Its definately turning into a venue that the contributing architectural firms can point to with pride. It shows just how innovative these firms can be.  Awesome job.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

it'll probably come down to "tractor pulls"  and "dirt bikes" in the new sprint arena. yee-ha.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11