Tarantino's?

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Tarantino's?

Post by KCPowercat »

Went tonight with a couple buddies...great great stuff....borrowed a menu for future delivery needs and scanned it for everybody.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll11 ... at/001.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll11 ... at/002.jpg
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Gretz
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Gretz »

So did they get their liquor license yet, anyone know?  Based on my earlier "3 weeks" quote thinking they should have it by now...
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

They had one tap but we didn't drink.

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

KCPowercat wrote: Went tonight with a couple buddies...great great stuff....borrowed a menu for future delivery needs and scanned it for everybody.
To quote Peter Griffin, FREAKIN SWEET. Thanks dude.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

How's the space there, thinking of dragging the office down for lunch
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

Was there yesterday for lunch... always go gaga over a sausage/mushroom/basil calzone.  Insanely great.
HalcyonKC
New York Life
New York Life

Post by HalcyonKC »

grovester wrote: How's the space there, thinking of dragging the office down for lunch
They have a much bigger seating area than the old location, but they still fill it out quite nicely during the lunch rush.  I'd say for a large group you probably want to show up 11:30ish or a bit before.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

I had the chicago style today.  tarantino's = awesome!
mizzouboard.info
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mizzouboard.info »

I just had some Calzones from there yesterday...  This place is the best kept secret in Kansas City, for sure.

I can't say enough about their Calzones.  I really, truly think that, if word got out how freaking incredible their Calzones are, there'd be a line wrapped all the way around the Sprint Center during the lunch hour.

I get either a #2 (chicken, artichoke and mushroom) Calzone, or a meatball Calzone.  They're always the perfect consistency, a nice, thin crispy crust that I believe is lightly basted with garlic butter after it comes out of the oven and gooey inside with the kind of mozzarella that, when pulled away during a bite stretches out 6-8 inches from your mouth to the Calzone.  It also doesn't fall apart in your hand...

Seriously, I will never eat another meatball sub after eating their meatball Calzone.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

Yeah, I've been raving about their calzones since the thread started and they are still just as good since they've moved.  I build a sausage, mushroom, basil 'zone - it's an experience.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Mine is hamburger, pepperoni, bacon strips, and basil.    Mmmm mmmm mmm mmmmmmm.

God, I want one RIGHT NOW.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

i just brought home a 16" pepperoni and italian sausage chicago-style.

delicious.

i look forward to the leftovers at dinner.  this also makes tarantino's a convincing 2 for 2 with only the regular pizza to go to classify it as "totally badass".
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

mizzouboard.info wrote: I get either a #2 (chicken, artichoke and mushroom) Calzone, or a meatball Calzone.  They're always the perfect consistency, a nice, thin crispy crust that I believe is lightly basted with garlic butter after it comes out of the oven and gooey inside with the kind of mozzarella that, when pulled away during a bite stretches out 6-8 inches from your mouth to the Calzone.  It also doesn't fall apart in your hand...
I went for the first time today at lunch and got a #2 calzone.  Pretty good, but not otherworldly.  They look beautiful, with perfectly browned pastry crust, but the filling just wasn't that hot, temperature-wise, which I found weird.  Definitely a solid lunch, if not a life-changing experience.  Saw a pizza delivered to another table that looked pretty good.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

^Hmm, wonder if it stood for a while as it's not normal to come out not hot.  When you order a special made zone, it will more likely come out quickly as it's not a standard item that might sit (can't say that is the reason).
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

ignatius wrote: When you order a special made zone, it will more likely come out quickly as it's not a standard item that might sit (can't say that is the reason).
Yeah, I wondered if they had premade specials back there that they threw in the oven for a warmup.  I'll definitely give the sausage, mushroom, and basil combo a shot.  I'd planned to do that this time, but forgot to check this thread before leaving.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

I just tried to call in an order and nobody answered.  The above menu says they're open 10-10, but they must've closed early.

I was really craving a calzone, too.  Now I'm clueless as to what to eat for dinner.
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

shaffe wrote: I just tried to call in an order and nobody answered.  The above menu says they're open 10-10, but they must've closed early.

I was really craving a calzone, too.  Now I'm clueless as to what to eat for dinner.
Isn't there a Hut in the Loop on Broadway?  You can get a P'Zone.  LOL  8)
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

shaffe wrote: I just tried to call in an order and nobody answered.  The above menu says they're open 10-10, but they must've closed early.

10-10 pretty much applies to just friday and Saturday nights.  The rest of the week he'll close around 9 or 9:30 if he hasn't had any calls.  (I hate it when businesses do that, but I like Joe, so I'm torn. :)  )
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

scooterj wrote: 10-10 pretty much applies to just friday and Saturday nights.   The rest of the week he'll close around 9 or 9:30 if he hasn't had any calls.   (I hate it when businesses do that, but I like Joe, so I'm torn. :)  )

I figured that was the case.  It's pushing it to get food in the loop after 9 during the week and I was hoping to get lucky.  I can't imagine it's very worthwhile for them to stay open all the way until 10 every single Mon-Thurs.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

scooterj wrote: 10-10 pretty much applies to just friday and Saturday nights.  The rest of the week he'll close around 9 or 9:30 if he hasn't had any calls.  (I hate it when businesses do that, but I like Joe, so I'm torn. :)  )

Agreed...tell him to talk to Cupinis...might not be busy but they are open.  Drive by your typical suburban sub shop in the evenings....dead, but they stay open.