beer.

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
brad_in_omaha
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: beer.

Postby brad_in_omaha » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Went to Stockyards Brewing on Sunday. Really cool place and the beers were good too. I liked how they kept it almost original from the old steakhouse.

So far I have been to 4 KC Breweries in the past few years on my visits to KC. Cinder Block, Big Rip, Boulevard, and now Stockyards. Haven't had a bad beer yet.

rxlexi
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Postby rxlexi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Went to Stockyards Brewing on Sunday. Really cool place and the beers were good too. I liked how they kept it almost original from the old steakhouse.

So far I have been to 4 KC Breweries in the past few years on my visits to KC. Cinder Block, Big Rip, Boulevard, and now Stockyards. Haven't had a bad beer yet.

Stockyards is fantastic, love what they did with the old Golden Ox space. Glad you enjoyed it.

Check out Crane Brewing Co (raytown) on your next trip - a little off the beaten path but they're making my favorite beers out of KC at the moment. Though you have to come liking sours!

brad_in_omaha
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Postby brad_in_omaha » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:02 pm

rxlexi wrote:Stockyards is fantastic, love what they did with the old Golden Ox space. Glad you enjoyed it.

Check out Crane Brewing Co (raytown) on your next trip - a little off the beaten path but they're making my favorite beers out of KC at the moment. Though you have to come liking sours!

I was leaning towards Crane, my brother in law from DC was with me and he really likes Saison/Farmhouse beers and Crane does those well. However we only had a few house and there was a Royals game that day so we stayed away. Not sure how bad the traffic would be or how crowded the brewery would be. Its absolutely on my list of breweries to visit.

swid
New York Life
New York Life

Postby swid » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:57 pm

While mentioned previously in the Crossroads thread, City Barrel announced their existence publicly today - focusing on hops and sours.

When they open, they'll be the *fifth* (edit, forgot about Brewery Emperial - *sixth*) brewery within a 4ish-block radius of 18th & Locust.

scooterj
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Postby scooterj » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:58 pm

swid wrote:When they open, they'll be the *fifth* (edit, forgot about Brewery Emperial - *sixth*) brewery within a 4ish-block radius of 18th & Locust.

Funny... I personally keep forgetting to re-visit Brewery Emperial (I haven't been there since opening week) even though I usually end up parking next to it when I go to iTap.

Side note, right now I'd have to say the new Casual Animal is my favorite of the Crossroads breweries.

grovester
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Postby grovester » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:06 pm

BE was near empty when we had lunch there last week. Worried that their lunches go the way of Riegers.

otoh, nice jazz music you could hear along with a tasty nitro stout.

bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Postby bobbyhawks » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Of note, the delicious Boulevard Mexican-Style Lager that was in the tasting room for a while will be released for real and will be called "¡Vamos!" It is really surprisingly enjoyable for a simple beer. I can't wait for this one, and they are tying it to the Royals, which is a nice touch as it will be delicious at a game.

https://www.boulevard.com/2018/02/23/vamos-mexican-style-lager/

DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DaveKCMO » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:34 pm

taxi
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Postby taxi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 am

I try not to rant, at least not publicly. But Jeez, Abnos fucks up every single building he touches. I can't understand why anyone would rent from him and I'm incredulous as to how he can make a profit.
I had a nice negroni at Lifted Spirits on Sunday and sat at the window looking at the atrocity he has ruined across the street. If bad taste were a crime, he and his architect would be incarcerated for life without parole.

Return to “Kansas City Scene”