Kona Grill

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Kona Grill

Post by trailerkid »

I drove by this place a few weeks ago. Looked to be really hopping. I checked their menu out and it really seems like an interesting place. Something for everyone and not priced sky high. The outside of the place didn't really look like it belonged on the Plaza, but i want to try it out. Has anyone sampled it yet?
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Kona Grill

Post by KCLofts »

Its not too bad. I had the sushi. I don't think it was any better than other sushi in town, but pretty tasty. The interior is a bit bland, but the bathrooms have some neat glass tiles and a real interesting granite sink. The bar seems to be a very popular place. Some good specials from 11pm-1am.
kcmajik
Strip mall
Strip mall

Kona Grill

Post by kcmajik »

i on the other hand thought the environment was energetic and perky. my grandma just came in from mississippi today to help me with some of the moving and it was a little TOO perky for a 77 year-old mississippian, but at the same time she liked it(i had to order for her though). the pad thai was good and i had a sweet chilli-glazed chicken breast with some rice and it was pretty tasty. the bar seemed to be the place to be- the dining room was empty at 5:00 but the bar was COMPLETELY full of young 21-35 year olds chatting it up. i thought the atmosphere was spectacular.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Kona Grill

Post by KCPowercat »

Yeah it's starting to become one of the hipper places on the Plaza. Their food is alright...sushi is good, the garlic shrimp pizza I had was pretty bland....good early happy hour is always good with me.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
BurningMustard
Strip mall
Strip mall

Kona Grill

Post by BurningMustard »

Forget the Food, its good too though. SAKE BOMBERS take the cake.