1889 Pizza Nepolatana

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

1889 Pizza Nepolatana

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Just wanted to give a shout out for this place. First let me say there is a family connection to this place. A young couple (at least young to my age) has had this place open for a couple of months. The couple is a son of one of my cousins and the son's wife.
Location is on West 47th Street by KC Joe's, Taco Republic, and LuLu's. It serves wood fire Neopolitan pizza. Ovens are from Italy. My cousin's son invested a lot of time training before opening this place.
Finally was able to make it by this evening. Very good pizza. The place had gotten some good reviews. So try it out.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: 1889 Pizza Nepolatana

Post by grovester »

That location is quickly becoming a food hub, add Gus's Chicken to the list of places. We'll try the pizza!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

went once. good addition to the area and nice to see a strip mall revived. not worth driving any distance, however, especially from downtown since we have lazzarone, spin, and pizza bella now (with lazzarone besting them all IMO).
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I really would like to try it, and I agree it becoming a foodhub but I also don't think Gus's makes it, its always dead now, unless the lunch crowd is busy, i don't see it lasting beyond 2017
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

brewcrew1000 wrote:I really would like to try it, and I agree it becoming a foodhub but I also don't think Gus's makes it, its always dead now, unless the lunch crowd is busy, i don't see it lasting beyond 2017
The chicken at Gus's is tasty, but man those sides could not be more average.