HopCat at Westport/Broadway

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: HopCat at Westport/Broadway

Post by grovester »

Checked out Tiki Cat last night and it was great. You'd swear you were in somebody's basement. Great drinks, great service, cool tunes and a million things to check out.

I think they deliberately don't let the place get too packed. We had reservations, and when I confirmed them, I noticed that there were no availabilities within 2.5 hours around our reservation. Yet the whole time we were there, 2 hours or so, the place was only half full. Good thing as I would imagine it would get a bit warm and claustrophobic at full capacity.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

This place has been there for a while now. Just wondering how it is for food? Someone has gone to the trouble of posting an inordinate amount of panorama scenes on Google Maps both inside and outside the restaurant and it actually looks like a pretty interesting place. Not a bad marketing strategy. By the way, the Google Map photomobile has made a trip through Wesport (and the plaza and downtown) pretty recently as a lot of the new buildings in the area are showing up.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

grovester wrote:Checked out Tiki Cat last night and it was great. You'd swear you were in somebody's basement. Great drinks, great service, cool tunes and a million things to check out.

I think they deliberately don't let the place get too packed. We had reservations, and when I confirmed them, I noticed that there were no availabilities within 2.5 hours around our reservation. Yet the whole time we were there, 2 hours or so, the place was only half full. Good thing as I would imagine it would get a bit warm and claustrophobic at full capacity.
It sounds like you booked via the website. Has anyone had luck calling in a reservation that wasn't available online? I'm noticing they have nothing for this Wednesday (or entire weekend) at all, which could be true but may also be due to blocking near-term reservations online.