Mo's Italian Spot - 59th & Prospect

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
auntbigdog
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Mo's Italian Spot - 59th & Prospect

Post by auntbigdog »

Finally tried Mo's tonight with another former Chicagoan. Over our delicious sandwiches -- Italian beef dipped for her, meatball for me -- we were already talking about our next visit. I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said: homey little space, friendly staff, giant portions, excellent fries, great value, unfair penalty points for the neighborhood (it seemed fine to me and I wouldn't hesitate to go back alone, but maybe I don't pay enough attention, I don't know). I just want to encourage anyone who hasn't visited to give it a try. If you're wanting old-school Chicago Italian, this is a great place.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

I've been for lunch at least half a dozen times now and have never seen anything remotely resembling shenanigans.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

We tried to go today and they appeared to be closed - table and chairs gone from inside, sign taken down outside.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

A little sleuthing turns up listing for a liquidation auction. It looks like Mo's is a goner. :(

https://www.estatesales.net/MO/Kansas-C ... 30/1192524
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

Too bad...put that place at the old Max's now juice/raw place on 63rd..... it could have been the one place to survive there.