introduction/new downtown clubs ?

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
atcboy73
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by atcboy73 »

Hello everyone

My name is Philip and I have been a reader of the forums for some time now. I grew up on Lake Waukomis and went to Park Hill. I live in Waco Tx and am an air traffic controller, hoping to transfer to MCI within the next year or so.

I just wanted to compliment you guys and gals, this is a great forum and a great place for an out-of-towner to get a feel for whats going on.

Question: Im coming to town for Thanksgiving and was hoping to find a new downtown club. Remember the EDGE? Great music and all. I was hoping to find something like that downtown when I come back for a visit. Im looking for a GREAT sound system and GREAT lights, gay or straight I could care less.

Any Ideas would be great.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Well I'm starting to lose the club scene but inside the downtown loop, it's pretty limited:

There was a club called Life that closed down.

Only couple I know of would be John's deck (which is bad lighting, etc) and Push (which I've never been to). Oh yeah, there's Club Chemical and another one downtown too...can't think of it right now...

just in the west bottoms there is Club Evos which seems to be jumping.

In westport you have XO which used to be Atlantis....it's pretty good lighting.

Dixie Belle on SW Trafficway is pretty good lighting I think...my buddy goes there a lot...it's a cross dressing bar.

Club Caberet just south of the plaza just closed down...and is probably moving downtown, just not open yet...don't know the location. It was probably KC #1 gay bar and it was HUGE.

If I think of more I pass them on...of the ones I listed, XO probably has the best lighting/sound....their main floor on Friday night sucks but they have another back bar that's always pumping house. Saturday night both the main and back floor pump out house music.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Trago is the other name I was looking for.

BTW, welcome to the forum...how did you find us? I want to get the word out to more KC people, but don't know where everybody is looking.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
atcboy73
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by atcboy73 »

Thanks for the welcome :)

If memory serves I found this forum through skyscraperpage.com.

I think its KCGridlock that posts there all the time. I like to go to skyscraperpage.com when i am feeling city withdrawl. As you can imagine Waco just doesnt do it :lol:
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

My wife loves Club Caberet...hope they move downtown too. I was sad to see the Edge go, that place was fun; gay, straight or bi. Club Life use to be packed, never knew why it shut down? Think it was becomin' too much of a problem for police (BTW, hate most uneducated and under-trained KC cops). I enjoy clubs that play cool Trip-Hop and Trance...not those horrible loops that XO repeats over and over from 10 to 3.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
atcboy73
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by atcboy73 »

Club Chemicl, Evos and Push. If I get out when Im in town I come back with a report. How does that soound.

Thanks for all the leads guys.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

You can probably skip Club Chemical...the one time I went there it was completely dead...like 6 people inside. Went past Club Evos a couple of months ago, parkin' lot only had a few cars in it. Haven't been to Push yet...I'll let you fill us in if check it out. Truth is, I haven't gone to many newer clubs this year...only that same Westport $h!t.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.