novel

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
Bill Durban
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: novel

Post by Bill Durban »

The parking lot is Children's Mercy Hospital employee parking.
Regarding Novel - They have no plans to leave the 17th Street (Westside) location.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

pash wrote:Great, so 20th & McGee is going to get a fourth parking lot on the fourth corner.
I can't recall exactly what I was told, but I don't believe the plans were for a parking lot. Green space was mentioned, and I think also something about some opportunity for small retail.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

KCLofts wrote:
pash wrote:Great, so 20th & McGee is going to get a fourth parking lot on the fourth corner.
I can't recall exactly what I was told, but I don't believe the plans were for a parking lot. Green space was mentioned, and I think also something about some opportunity for small retail.
Maybe they can put in a nice pergola as a place holder a' la the southwest corner of 7th and walnut. Technically that is green space also.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

kboish wrote:
KCLofts wrote:
Maybe they can put in a nice pergola as a place holder a' la the southwest corner of 7th and walnut. Technically that is green space also.
that hurts.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

kboish wrote:Maybe they can put in a nice pergola as a place holder a' la the southwest corner of 7th and walnut. Technically that is green space also.
Dog toilet.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

kboish wrote:
It was so green that I got to report it to the city last year as a green space lack of maintenance violation. We need more of these for sure.

The grass did look good.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

cadillac catering is coming down. more info soon (hopefully) on what the plans are.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Bill Durban wrote:They have no plans to leave the 17th Street (Westside) location.
I've heard the opposite, but delays with working out the new location are just slowing the plans down.
Bill Durban
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Bill Durban »

bobbyhawks wrote:
Bill Durban wrote:They have no plans to leave the 17th Street (Westside) location.
I've heard the opposite, but delays with working out the new location are just slowing the plans down.
Unless plans have changed 20th and McGee is to be a second location, different menu.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Bill Durban wrote:
bobbyhawks wrote:
Unless plans have changed 20th and McGee is to be a second location, different menu.
That would be great news. I think I've heard both things, but the last update I got had me thinking they would leave the original location. Fingers crossed that I heard wrong!
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

I was told they would be leaving the west side building.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

KCLofts wrote:I was told they would be leaving the west side building.
Is anyone starting to think the West side is beginning to suck? Seems so pretentious and elitist up there. I wouldn't really blame them if they moved down to Crossroads. Would be a better location, imo.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

beautyfromashes wrote:
KCLofts wrote:I was told they would be leaving the west side building.
Is anyone starting to think the West side is beginning to suck? Seems so pretentious and elitist up there. I wouldn't really blame them if they moved down to Crossroads. Would be a better location, imo.
I have worried a little that with Freshie gone, Novel perhaps leaving, and changes at Fervere that the je ne sais quoi of the Westside may be in danger. I hope that's not the case. As reassurance, I've noted that Fervere's bread though currently baked off site remains outstanding--and they've added the IBIS croissants to the available wares. Delicious.

This too shall pass.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 60767.html

plan for 1927 mcgee (previously building keepers):
He plans to put a restaurant on the first floor of 1927 McGee and offices on the second.
plan for 1935 mcgee (previously cadillac catering):
“I’ve spent a lot of time trying to save the building — working with architects, contractors, the bank. The fact is, it is in too bad a shape,” he said. “I have a lot of employees and a new family to look out for and it is my responsibility to make a reasonable financial decision.”
Once the building is down in a few weeks, Brazeal will put in six to eight parking spaces for the future office tenants, a green space, and a small garden for the restaurant, perhaps in conjunction with a local farmer.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

What ever happened with Novel? Are they still in the west end?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Highlander wrote:What ever happened with Novel? Are they still in the west end?
yes, still on the westside. work has started on their new location at 20th and mcgee, however.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Old location now closed. Opens at new location on April 6: https://cityscenekc.com/novel-restauran ... rossroads/
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

DaveKCMO wrote:Old location now closed. Opens at new location on April 6: https://cityscenekc.com/novel-restauran ... rossroads/
I thought Novel's location was the most quaint in KC. I'm sure the new one will be great too but it's hard to duplicate the setting of the West end place. Hopefully, someone grabs that spot and makes it into another restaurant.