Food trucks in Kansas City.

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
redperro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Food trucks in Kansas City.

Post by redperro »

^^their fb page is humourous

"don't trust a skinny cook"
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Magical Meatball food truck announced they will be opening there own restaurant, not really sure where it will be.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

My 30th is coming up in early January so we arranged for The Good You to park in the driveway of my house and serve delicious food to guests. I'm pretty stoked.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

PumpkinStalker wrote:My 30th is coming up in early January so we arranged for The Good You to park in the driveway of my house and serve delicious food to guests. I'm pretty stoked.
That is awesome and I will be stealing that idea in the future. What's that run if you don't mind saying?
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Happy Birthday, old man!
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

taxi wrote:Happy Birthday, old man!
Why thank you kind sir!
grovester wrote:
PumpkinStalker wrote:My 30th is coming up in early January so we arranged for The Good You to park in the driveway of my house and serve delicious food to guests. I'm pretty stoked.
That is awesome and I will be stealing that idea in the future. What's that run if you don't mind saying?
My deal I worked was $150 deposit, which goes toward the food for the guests. I actually put down $200, and then my guests pay a reduced fare. So the burgers are $3, etc... We plan on 25ish guests. Not a bad deal really. Might seem tacky for guests to pay but my friends and I always seem to do things where there is some cost involved. So it's not a big deal for us.

I had also sent an email to the Meatball people as well to compare but the bastards never responded. So Good You it is!
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Your guests should pay, it's your birthday after all!
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Magical Meatball will be serving out of Czar Bar starting 1/5. More of these food trucks should start doing this kind of thing if they want to survive the winter.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

The Food Truck Stop in the crossroads during FF is pretty great, 15 trucks and a beer garden (sort of). No lines compared to when they had 2 at the star parking lot.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Two years ago I had Good You park in my driveway for my birthday and serve to guests. It was a blast, and I'd like to do it again and need suggestions on good food trucks. What are your favorites? I'm open to any concept, just want good food. If anyone has actually had one cater an event I'd be interested in how your experience with that truck went.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

PumpkinStalker wrote:Two years ago I had Good You park in my driveway for my birthday and serve to guests. It was a blast, and I'd like to do it again and need suggestions on good food trucks. What are your favorites? I'm open to any concept, just want good food. If anyone has actually had one cater an event I'd be interested in how your experience with that truck went.
I don't know if they do that, but Indios Carbonsitos is awesome.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Wilma's Real Good Food has been outstanding every time I've had it. Just really delicious food.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Awesome, I emailed Indios Carbonsitos to inquire, I'll hit up Wilma's next.
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by ColumbusParkian »

Beauty of the Bistro has the best crawfish mac and cheese of all time.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Why don't we have something like this but OKC does, we just need to make something like this permanent
http://www.bleugarten.com/
joshmv
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by joshmv »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Why don't we have something like this but OKC does, we just need to make something like this permanent
I have no idea. What is the best way to get something like in front of the right people? Live KC, Visit KC, social media?
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Why don't we have something like this but OKC does, we just need to make something like this permanent

I don't get it. This seems like something you do in a town that can't support food trucks. The entire idea of a food truck is that it's mobile. We have first Fridays for the food trucks. Do we really need this? This locks the food trucks into one location for most of the week.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but why is it necessary? Just because OKC is doing it?
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Looking at the website, it does seem as though the food trucks are still mobile as the schedule of trucks onsite changes day to day.

Unfortunately, I can't stand being in the presence of more than 5 food trucks circled up like that because of all the generators running. Its a good idea in theory, but I find it pretty uncomfortable in practice. Plus, I also like having to hunt for the trucks i want and having them spread throughout downtown or where ever...not situated like a food court.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Not just OKC - they're all over - Austin has several of them, Springfield has one and I believe they're building one in East Lawrence near the Amtrak station. It's a good way to utilize underutilized lots and get some business during slow weeknights, and rotate out the spots every month to keep things fresh. Not good for every neighborhood, but could be good for parts of Troost, maybe western SW Blvd, Columbus Park/Berkley Park area, etc.

And one I walked past in Austin had no generators (utility hookups), lots of picnic tables and packed.