Why no breakfast tacos in kansas city?

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
kansas
Pad site
Pad site

Why no breakfast tacos in kansas city?

Post by kansas »

Why?  Am I not looking in the right place?  I WANT BREAKFAST TACOS!!
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Why no breakfast tacos in kansas city?

Post by kboish »

breakfast taco?  don't know if you mean burrito, but the burrito place in the city market sells a breakfast burrito.  Its just okay...but as far as i can tell KC sorely lacks breakfast burritos considering how many mexican joints it has...Having lived in San Diego I miss having a 24 hour burrito/taco stand on seemingly every corner with breakfast burritos and others all day....mmm avocado
AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by AJoD »

Doesn't Ortega's have breakfast tacos? I know they're well-regarded as a breakfast place. I wasn't so crazy about their breakfast, but others rave. Lots of people on a Sunday morning coming in with stockpots or crockpots and leaving with them full of menudo.

Generally, though, I think your point is well-taken. I don't know.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

Poco's has an open face huevos divorciados, which is not quite the same but doable.  I imagine El Rancho in Westport would do it for you as they've done things by request for me.  They don't open til 11 though.  I do their huevos chorizo bfast once in a while, served with grilled corn tortillas and refried beans/rice.  They also now have a pretty good salsa bar.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

does Los Alamos do breakfast tacos on the weekend?  i bet they would if you asked.  it's not like they don't have tortillas lying around..
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

chrizow wrote: does Los Alamos do breakfast tacos on the weekend?  i bet they would if you asked.  it's not like they don't have tortillas lying around..
I'm pretty sure they have breakfast tacos everyday.  I could be wrong since I tend to get the two for one deal on burritos, but I think they will put whatever meat in almost whatever corn or wheat-based container you wish.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

bobbyhawks wrote: I'm pretty sure they have breakfast tacos everyday.  I could be wrong since I tend to get the two for one deal on burritos, but I think they will put whatever meat in almost whatever corn or wheat-based container you wish.
Los Alamos advertised "breakfast tacos" on their a-frame sign, last week.  Been meaning to stop in and investigate this thoroughly.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

Paparico's has great breakfast tacos! 
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Eden Alley has pretty awesome cheesy egg salad breakfast tacos!  Nice and crispy, served on bed of brown rice with a side of fresh salsa.  Highly recommended though maybe a little different than what you're looking for.
are we spinning free?
kimchi
Pad site
Pad site

Post by kimchi »

kucer wrote: Paparico's has great breakfast tacos!  
Paparico's has breakfast tacos, breakfast quesadillas & breakfast burritos w/ tons of ingredient options http://www.paparicoskc.com/ http://www.paparicoskc.com/scan0002.pdf

mexican breakfast is my favorite (particularly chilaquiles, migas, breakfast burritos) but KC is definitely lacking in it.  Ingredient's huevos rancheros burrito is alright.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Oh man, I could tear UP some chilaquiles of a morning...
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
port fonda
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by port fonda »

after we get up and running, we'll do breakfast on saturdays (sundays if the demand is there), thinking from 9.30-2.  look for more details soon and a first weekend in may start date.  menu will consist of breakfast taco(s), breakfast torta, menudo, chilaquiles and a few other favorites.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

What exactly is a breakfast taco? Soft, flour tortilla, eggs. salsa - maybe chorizo? Are there hard corn shell versions?
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
kansas
Pad site
Pad site

Post by kansas »

I've never had a crispy shell bfast taco,but I've seen both flour and corn.  I guess for me a breakfast taco involves a fast food, to-go aspect, small size & moderate price, and eggs at least available.  Paparicos looks like a good place but is out of my way (I have my office in midtown & live in SW OP).  Also looks like more of a sit down place.  I should have thought of Los Alamos, I bet they would make them but it doesn't seem to be a menu item. I think breakfast tacos are more texican or californio than Mexican, maybe that explains the lack in KC.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

kansas wrote: I should have thought of Los Alamos, I bet they would make them but it doesn't seem to be a menu item.
There is a menu?  I'm pretty sure I've seen breakfast tacos on the chalk board before.
kansas
Pad site
Pad site

Post by kansas »

Well, by menu, I guess I mean that I haven't seen breakfast tacos listed on any signs inside.  :D
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

kansas wrote: Well, by menu, I guess I mean that I haven't seen breakfast tacos listed on any signs inside.   :D
I was hoping you'd found a secret listing of what they have.  I still sometimes resort to pointing at a pan of mystery ingredients and saying, "that looks good."  Otherwise, I probably never would have tried cactus, or "nopales," so it is a good thing overall.