Genessee Royale Bistro

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
ToDactivist
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Genessee Royale Bistro

Post by ToDactivist »

it never ceases to amaze me how cool KC was in the early 1900's. What an incredible vibrant and fulfilling city....where parking lots now stand...
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

ToDactivist wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:57 pm it never ceases to amaze me how cool KC was in the early 1900's. What an incredible vibrant and fulfilling city....where parking lots now stand...
100% agree. We did all we could to kill it and yet somehow we have something left.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I think it's hard for us to understand how busy the West Bottoms were at one time--when the train depot was there; the tavern and hotel district; the streetcar tunnel through the bluffs; the elevated streetcar line across the bottom, and the 9th St. Incline operating.
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

If you haven't heard....Todd, former Genessee Royale owner, has ended up at Café Europa at Union Hill. Will also do soup out of there.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Maybe he can help with Cafe Europa's decor/seating. Very sterile and not comfortable. White walls? The food is great, though I've only been for weekend breakfast (try the breakfast sandwich and ask for salsa verde on side, serviced with best breakfast potatoes in town).