Otto's Burger & Malt and Czar Bar

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
KC Sporting Life
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Otto's Burger & Malt and Czar Bar

Post by KC Sporting Life »

ColumbusParkian wrote: are we talking the place literally across the street from Czar Bar? The one that used to be Dolce and then maybe 3 other places in rapid succession?

No.  We're talking about what used to be the hottest lesbian dance club in town, Tootsie's.  It sold last year sometime, and is now known as 1822 UltraLounge/Mercurey Kitchen/Otto's Malt Shop. 
teleology
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by teleology »

bobbyhawks wrote: The Simpsons arcade game at the Union has some issues.  Choose your character wisely or the sticky handles will kill you (but it is still awesome they have it).

In other news, has anyone been brave enough to visit the Ultra Lounge which allegedly, according to the used car lot flags outside, sells Otto's stuff?  I have walked or driven by it a few times over the last few weeks, and the identity crisis that is this place has been on full display each time.
It's sounding like no one's ever heard any further news about Otto opening his own joint in Midtown as was originally promised?  There was some chatter at one point that he was moving into the former Corner Restaurant space on Westport Road but there's not been an inch of movement there in several months.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

teleology wrote: It's sounding like no one's ever heard any further news about Otto opening his own joint in Midtown as was originally promised?  There was some chatter at one point that he was moving into the former Corner Restaurant space on Westport Road but there's not been an inch of movement there in several months.
He/They are operating in a booth at Cowtown Mallroom last I heard.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

Any idea what's going on with this spot? This sign appears to be new since Streetview last visited the area in April, but the recent graffiti would indicate it's probably not being too actively worked on... and the food definitely does not sound like a winning combo.

bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

I actually ran into someone who knows the folks doing this project (wish I had asked a lot more questions). It was a quick conversation, but they described it as Korean BBQ to me, and there is a space in the back they were playing around with making into a cocktail area. I'm not sure if it is going to be Yakiniku (Japanese style BBQ) or true Korean BBQ. If I recall correctly, I believe the people involved are also involved in Domo in Brookside (it was a non-Korean-style restaurant at least), so the sushi may not be as much of an afterthought as it appears.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

BBQ sushi is all the rage on the coasts. And in Moscow, so I hear they may start serving it at Monarch.