Christopher Elbow Ice Cream

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Christopher Elbow Ice Cream

Post by chrizow »

hmm, i just looked up buppie too.  i had thought buppie meant basically bobo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobos_in_Paradise) but i guess not.  it's a good neighborhood for actual buppies as well.
jdubwaldo
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jdubwaldo »

buppie - I'm a little lost.  Whatever you call it, sign me up for this fantastic hood with high quality local eats where you have a ton of walkable options/necessities.  :)

I stopped at Glace tonight and caught a great time when it was quiet.
WOW.  Let's just say I envision myself getting very fat this summer.  
Not too surprisingly, Elbow doesn't disappoint.
I picked up a sampler to bring home of cinnamon, venezuelan chocolate, goat cheese and pineapple/cilantro.  
The cinnamon is my absolute fave.  That and spicy chocolate were an amazing combo together as well, IMHO.
The only one I tried and wasn't crazy about was the strawberry balsamic.  The other 4 I tried I brought home.  

Anyone taste sweet corn?  Very curious.  Next time.....
Last edited by jdubwaldo on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

NDTeve wrote: Not what I was saying. Not that you care. If we could spruce that up into a neighborhood market...then we'd be talking.

Trailerkid...from your posts and threads on this board...I kind of get the impression that your life is miserable. So negative about everything. I feel sorry for you.  :(
just a reminder that this is a discussion board about development. i'm perplexed you think a drug store needs to go now that a bourgie strip mall finally popped up across the street. there might be some non-bourgie people that actually need a drug store in their neighborhood.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

line out the door at 9pm last night.  several people were clearly return customers, as i overheard them talking about flavors they've had before.  it's a hit!

i had carmelized banana, and black cherry chocolate chip - excellent.  sampled the carmelized peach and the cinnamon, and both were delicious. 
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

This might be in my top 5 favorite food spots in Kansas City. it is a freaking amazing product. this location is only going to get busier...i predict lines will stretch around the block by Labor Day. has the Star given it any praise besides Joyce Smith stories? i'm assuming it's 95% word of mouth, CE customers, neighbors, and internet hype right now.

^^^^
stuff a white person likes.

8)
midtown
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by midtown »

Finally got over there to try it on Saturday.  Had three sorbets - pineapple cilantro, lime basil, and prickly pear.  All were stellar, but the prickly pear was a bit subdued compared to the other two, which were huge blasts of flavor. 

My wife had PB&J, venezuelan chocolate, and caramel fleur de sel.  They were all good too.  I'm more of a sorbet person, though.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

midtown wrote: Finally got over there to try it on Saturday.  Had three sorbets - pineapple cilantro, lime basil, and prickly pear.  All were stellar, but the prickly pear was a bit subdued compared to the other two, which were huge blasts of flavor.  

My wife had PB&J, venezuelan chocolate, and caramel fleur de sel.  They were all good too.  I'm more of a sorbet person, though.
the sorbet is awesome.

i wonder when/if the boxed stuff hits grocery store shelves.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Christopher Elbow makes Food & Wine's list for best chocolates in the USA.

http://tinyurl.com/nsbq8e8
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

He also created a special edition flavor for Haagen Dazs that is just starting to be rolled out. Spiced Pecan Turtle.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

DaveKCMO wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:32 pm he better sell that shit in the crossroads!
was looking for the scooters thread to add the spokes news and came across this sentiment WHICH I VERY MUCH SECOND