Obama Election Watch Party, 11/4 @ Flying Saucer

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

What time do you think the festivities will be at their best? I have class that night but would like to come....

I don't want to miss the excitement/suspense. If I missed the tipping point it would be like showing up 15 past midnight on new years 3000....
MightyKC
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by MightyKC »

staubio wrote: Will they be changing the setup around at all? I reserved my party room and I was going to do a "war room" setup with a projector, intrade tracking, etc. I assume FS will just throw CNN on the projector? I guess the rest could be done with a laptop or two, since this party cuts into my constituency and sounds like more fun anyway.
It's ours to do what we want.  I know that they have the capability to plug in a computer since they do it on Trivia nights.  If you want to be the AV guy, IM me and we can hook it up. 

Glad to hear the stong response.  Should be a blast (assuming there is no October surprise)
"I'm asking you to believe.  Not just in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... I'm asking you to believe in yours."  - Barack Obama
MightyKC
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by MightyKC »

Here is the official announcement on the Obama site.  If you are planning on coming, RSVP so I know about how many people to expect.  Thanks

http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/de ... ing/gs54z3

(Also if a mod wants to split this to it's own thread, go for it.  I don't know how to do it)
"I'm asking you to believe.  Not just in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... I'm asking you to believe in yours."  - Barack Obama
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

MightyKC wrote: Here is the official announcement on the Obama site.  If you are planning on coming, RSVP so I know about how many people to expect.  Thanks

http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/de ... ing/gs54z3

(Also if a mod wants to split this to it's own thread, go for it.  I don't know how to do it)
On a related note, Obama will be at Liberty Memorial this Saturday.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/mobokansascity

(Yeah this definitely needs its own thread.)
clubhousepro
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Obama Election Watch Party, 11/4 @ Flying Saucer

Post by clubhousepro »

What a great idea!!!  It looks like there have been 60+ replies on the obama website.  I'll tell everyone I know to come down and celebrate.

"Ya, you betcha...John and I are the real mavericks"... just threw up a little in my mouth

Get out and vote!
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

BF and I are RSVP'd.
alpha_glamourina
New York Life
New York Life

Post by alpha_glamourina »

Yea!  I look forward to seeing you guys again!  What time do plan on arriving? 
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Keeps giving me a stupid cookie error when I try to RSVP, btw.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

It would be so hilarious if he lost. 
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Maitre D wrote: It would be so hilarious if he lost. 
Actually it will be extremely dangerous. We're already seeing preemptive accusations of fraud, and "great concern" about the "integrity" of our electoral system. Of course this "concern" is coming from the right; but then, the jealous man who accuses his wife of cheating is usually the real cheater.

With polls running the way they are, if they keep up until election day, it should be a damn near landslide in favor of Obama. If it isn't, things are going to get messy, legally speaking. There will be, at least, lots of 'splainin to do. And even if Obama does clearly win, the Republicans are already all ramped up to play the fraud card. We need to fix this shit. We simply can't have the loser calling fraud after every election. But on the one hand we've got the right with a boner to disenfranchise and call "voter fraud!" on anyone who makes even a minor error on a form; on the left, you've got people willing to register anyone, including fictional characters. It's ridiculous and untenable. We're spiraling ever downward.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

mean wrote: Actually it will be extremely dangerous. We're already seeing preemptive accusations of fraud, and "great concern" about the "integrity" of our electoral system. Of course this "concern" is coming from the right; but then, the jealous man who accuses his wife of cheating is usually the real cheater.
Was the 2004 Election Stolen?

Republicans prevented more than 350,000 voters in Ohio from casting ballots or having their votes counted - enough to have put John Kerry in the White House.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR.
Posted Jun 01, 2006 5:02 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ ... ion_stolen
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Maitre D wrote: It would be so hilarious if he lost. 
hilarious without preconditions.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Maitre D wrote: Was the 2004 Election Stolen?

Republicans prevented more than 350,000 voters in Ohio from casting ballots or having their votes counted - enough to have put John Kerry in the White House.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR.
Posted Jun 01, 2006 5:02 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ ... ion_stolen
Thank you for, um, proving my point.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

back to the topic of watch parties, the official campaign party for obama and light rail will be at the uptown.
Jess
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Jess »

alpha_glamourina wrote: Yea!  I look forward to seeing you guys again!  What time do plan on arriving? 
Probably as close to the beginning as possible. We'll have to get in touch and meet up!
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

shouldn't be too hard reaching your sales minimums with this kind of publicity

http://www.pitch.com/events/obama-watch-parties-759579/
Obama Watch Parties
Jen Chen

Yes, we can ... watch the election-night results together! For Obama fans, tonight's the night to be around other like-minded people to either celebrate a victory or begin four years of collective depression. In Kansas, starting at 7:30 p.m., a whole host of Obama groups will hold a watch party at Nick & Jake's in Overland Park (6830 West 135th Street, 913-681-8535). The party takes over the entire bar, with multiple flat-screen TVs tuned to news broadcasts. In Missouri, Obama supporters will start gathering at 5 p.m. at the Flying Saucer in the Power & Light District (101 East 13th Street, 816-221-1900). For more information and to RSVP, see mybarackobama.com, click on your state and then on "events."
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
MightyKC
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by MightyKC »

That's awesome.  Thanks to everyone for your support and for helping to spread the word.  So far over a hundred people have RSVP'd online and many more people have verbally replied.  We will have live video bloggers for Fox 4 news at the party as well.  Hopefully we will have something to celebrate but I'm still leary of celebrating too early. 

Please spread the word to get everyone out to vote so that we have something to celebrate when the polls in VA and PA close.  I'm looking forward to meeting you all.  See you Tuesday.
Last edited by MightyKC on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

I think I can make it.
UTDEM
Surface Lot

Post by UTDEM »

MightyKC wrote: One of my friends and I have reserved the Flying Saucer on Election night (Nov 4th) and we are going to be holding an official Obama watch party.   We have the place from 5 to close and encourage anyone that is supporting Barack to show up and (hopefully) celebrate the event.  Should be a good time.   
Myself and several colleagues from around the country will be in KC on election night.  All have voted early or done absentee ballot for obama. Wondered if we outsiders could join you at the flying saucer........probably four or five of us
MightyKC
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by MightyKC »

UTDEM wrote: Myself and several colleagues from around the country will be in KC on election night.  All have voted early or done absentee ballot for obama. Wondered if we outsiders could join you at the flying saucer........probably four or five of us
Absolutely.  The more the merrier (hopefully)