Dining out style

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.

How would you describe your dining out style?

Poll runs till Fri Jul 03, 2037 6:23 am

Try new places all the time all over the city
54%
Mix up the restaurants but within my area of hte city
23%
Standard set of restaurants we always go to
23%
Eat out rarely, mostly special occasions
No votes

Total votes: 13

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Dining out style

Post by KCPowercat »

I've always wondered about this....we always seem to try new places and don't do the same places very often. While this is fun it can sometimes burn us.....we hit a place once, try something then off to the next place. Sometimes I think we should have a standard few we go to so we get to know the menu and chef better but the adventous side of me wants to hit all the places we can.

So what kind of diner are you?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
MidtownGrrl
Strip mall
Strip mall

Dining out style

Post by MidtownGrrl »

I'd say our choices are somewhat eclectic, but we tend to go to the same places again and again. And we typically don't go farther from Midtown than City Market or State Line.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dining out style

Post by dangerboy »

Mostly stick to a few regular bars and restaurants in the city, trying new places when I can. Sometimes go to Northland or Eastern Jack places to meet family and suburban friends.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Dining out style

Post by QueSi2Opie »

While we usually dine in JOCO, we always have to try out new restuarants in City Market, Westport, Plaza, Parkville, etc.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Dining out style

Post by bahua »

I like to stay within the Jackson County city limits, but I often am swayed by friends who would rather go to the Olive Garden at 95th and Quivira.
kcmajik
Strip mall
Strip mall

Dining out style

Post by kcmajik »

the best vegetarian/vegan restaurants are in dowtown or westport-there are various others in the northland. always trying new ones out though- love to do that. about any AUTHENTIC asian cuisine restaurant or french bistros/tea rooms have vegan dishes though. blue koi in westport......hmmmmmmmmmmm!
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dining out style

Post by chrizow »

whenever i have any influence whatsoever on where to eat, it will always, without question, be in the city - 39th st., plaza, city market, midtown, wherever...

i understand the need for convenient/inexpensive restaurants in the suburbs, which usually end up being chains, but there are sooooo many people (my parents included) who refuse, outright REFUSE to even think about going anywhere other than Longhorn or On the Border, even though KC boasts some of the best steakhouses and mexican restaurants around.

the usual argument is something like "big portions, small price." i.e. "why should i go eat a sandwich on the plaza when i can get one at applebee's that costs less, and is bigger?" the answer? BECAUSE THEY TASTE BETTER. usually, anyway. i think we've gotten so used to convenience, familiarity, and the expectation of heart-busting portions, that many people wont even think of trying someplace new.