Club Cabaret

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Club Cabaret

Post by KCPowercat »

The huge gay bar, Cabaret, closed down last Sunday. The bar, which was located in the south plaza area next to Peanut, Planet sub, etc. This was an expected move as DST is buying up that area to fix it up for their Kirkwood Circle development.

Cabaret is expected to relocate to another area, possibly downtown KCMO. No timeline on that move.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Club Cabaret

Post by SonicBoi »

Last I heard (so this might be rumor), the owners of the Cabaret were going to buy the DB Wearhouse and the owner of the DB just bought Sidekicks (or Buddies I can't remember). The origional plan was to recocate the Cab downtown, but I'm not convinced that will ever happen with them planing to buy the DB. I could be wrong.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Club Cabaret

Post by KCPowercat »

Last I heard (from a gay friend who went there a lot) is The Cab has decided not to reopen, so you saying they talking about buying the DB and maybe keeping it DB might be right.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Club Cabaret

Post by SonicBoi »

That sounds about right from what I have heard thru the grape vine. I couldn't imagine drag shows at the DB. It just wouldn't really work. And the crouds are too small at Tootsy's (at least when I have been there) and the showrooom is really small.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Club Cabaret

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KC wrote:Last I heard (from a gay friend who went there a lot) is The Cab has decided not to reopen
First the Edge, now the Cab. That's a shame, my wife said the Cab was the best club in KC...jus' needed to occupy a bigger space because they were always packed.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.