ONGOING: Sprint Center bookings

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: ONGOING: Sprint Center bookings

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

DaveKCMO wrote: i would actually love to see this show (small town kansas... blah blah blah), but couldn't bear the crowd. same for NIN show, so you don't think i'm too fancy. ;)
Go with Grid, I am sure he will watch your back. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

GRID wrote: Am I the only one on this forum that will probably go to this?

Def Leppard
With Special Guests Poison and
Cheap Trick
Wearing college sports gear is hick, but going to this concert is not. Got it.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

GRID wrote: Am I the only one on this forum that will probably go to this?

Def Leppard
With Special Guests Poison and
Cheap Trick
I'm a huge Trick fan to this day ( their last album, "Rockford", is great ), but I'd much rather see them in a smaller venue.

I like Def Leppard's first couple albums, but that's it. And it's been my experience that they're awful live.

No interest in Poison.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I would go if they are going to do an over the top 80's pyro type show...and if that one armed drummer is still around.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
jimb
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jimb »

KCPowercat wrote: I would go if they are going to do an over the top 80's pyro type show...and if that one armed drummer is still around.
Yeah, he's still there.  Caught part of one of those CMT Crossroads concerts a while back with Def Leppard and (wait for it) Taylor Swift.

It would be hard to say which was more boring to listen to.  At least Taylor is pretty.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCMax wrote: Wearing college sports gear is hick, but going to this concert is not. Got it.
Yea, but you won't catch me wearing a Def Leppard concert tour shirt around town.  That's more in line with what you are talking about. :).

I don't know, sounds like it might be fun.  I'm much more into alternative rock now and have not even listened to this type of music in a long time, but it sure would bring back memories.  Poison, Guns & Roses etc and urban rap (Too short etc) was what I listened to in high school. In college I was more into REM and Nirvana.  Today, I don't ever listen to 98.9 for example, I tend to listen to 96.5 or even the hiphop/pop stations like 93.3 before I listen to 98.9.

Would it be a total white trash fest?  Or would it be mostly just suburban 30 somethings?  That is a serious question.  My son likes 80's-90's rock, thanks to my massive CD collection.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

GRID wrote: I don't know, sounds like it might be fun.  I'm much more into alternative rock now and have not even listened to this type of music in a long time, but it sure would bring back memories.  Poison, Guns & Roses etc and urban rap (Too short etc) was what I listened to in high school. In college I was more into REM and Nirvana.  Today, I don't ever listen to 98.9 for example, I tend to listen to 96.5 ore ven the hiphop/pop stations like 93.3 before I listen to 98.9.
I'm picturing Grid rolling through downtown with Invasion of the Flat Booty Bitches blaring out of his car.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

one of my good friends from way back was in town last fall and wanted to go check out the power and light district.  i retorted that the last thing i wanted to do was go drink $6 Bud Lights and watch people from Grandview grind to "Pour Some Sugar On Me."  

we got there at the tail end of the MU/IL football game.  immediately after the conclusion of the game, the DJ cued, you guessed it, "Pour Some Sugar On Me" to start the party.  within seconds, a sea of tanning salon clerks and T-Mobile sales personnel mobbed the "dancefloor," gyrating squarely to what has to be the worst song ever.  
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

kcmetro wrote: I'm picturing Grid rolling through downtown with Invasion of the Flat Booty Bitches blaring out of his car.
I can’t believe I listened to that shit either.  But if anything was blaring out of my car, it was more likely G&R, not rap. :)
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

GRID wrote:
Would it be a total white trash fest? 
yes.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

chrizow wrote: one of my good friends from way back was in town last fall and wanted to go check out the power and light district.  i retorted that the last thing i wanted to do was go drink $6 Bud Lights and watch people from Grandview grind to "Pour Some Sugar On Me."  

we got there at the tail end of the MU/IL football game.  immediately after the conclusion of the game, the DJ cued, you guessed it, "Pour Some Sugar On Me" to start the party.  within seconds, a sea of tanning salon clerks and T-Mobile sales personnel mobbed the "dancefloor," gyrating squarely to what has to be the worst song ever.  
OK, you guys are scaring me.  People still get into Def Leopard?  Like I said, I thought this would be fun to see an older group.  We went to the Eagles concert and it was good.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

chrizow wrote: one of my good friends from way back was in town last fall and wanted to go check out the power and light district.  i retorted that the last thing i wanted to do was go drink $6 Bud Lights and watch people from Grandview grind to "Pour Some Sugar On Me."  

:lol:

There are a handful of songs that make me want to gouge my eyes out, and that's one of them.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

GRID wrote: Would it be a total white trash fest?  Or would it be mostly just suburban 30 somethings?  That is a serious question.  My son likes 80's-90's rock, thanks to my massive CD collection.
Even the suburban 30 somethings that go will be going way out of their way to act as white trash as they possibly can.  
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Even the suburban 30 somethings that go will be going way out of their way to act as white trash as they possibly can.  
It will be an Arrowhead upper deck season ticket holder get-together.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I don't know...80s hair band rock pretty much universally loved by all girls around 25 - 35. Maybe not hippie, independent, cut themselves type girls, but pretty much every hottie I have met loves all that music.

chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

KCPowercat wrote: cut themselves type girls

actually, i think a LOT of people like hair metal on some level, but i think only the die-hard heshers actually go to the shows, to re-live their glory days cruising independence in an iroc-z. 

i was a huge metalhead (hair metal and otherwise) from kindergarten through about 7th grade.  def leppard, however, was always on my shitlist.  never liked a single song of theirs.  i was ok with poison and motley crue though.  cheap trick isn't really in the same category.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Good point.

bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

chrizow wrote: within seconds, a sea of tanning salon clerks and T-Mobile sales personnel mobbed the "dancefloor," gyrating squarely to what has to be the worst song ever.  
Best post ever.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

^amusing visual
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote: Would it be a total white trash fest?  Or would it be mostly just suburban 30 somethings? 
There's a difference in Kansas City?

KCMax wrote: Wearing college sports gear is hick, but going to this concert is not. Got it.
GRID = PWNED THE FUCK OUT

:shock: