Kansas City Club

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
WSPanic
Supporter

Re: Kansas City Club

Post by WSPanic »

DaveKCMO wrote:this thread was started by anniewarbucks. oh, the good ol' days... when people paid lots of money to attend private clubs with mediocre services.
I think the River Club still exists. Can we get KCRag site membership? I'd like to check it out at least once.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

WSPanic wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:this thread was started by anniewarbucks. oh, the good ol' days... when people paid lots of money to attend private clubs with mediocre services.
I think the River Club still exists. Can we get KCRag site membership? I'd like to check it out at least once.
I always just tell them that I'm Crosby Kemper. Seems to work pretty well...
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Kansas City Club’s history is up for bid, piece by piece

But now, not only can you finally see what’s inside this place, you can get something for your house.

The whole thing is up for sale. Bankruptcy auction. No irony there.

The big-ticket item may be a “well worn” poker table reportedly given to the club by Harry Truman. Or how about a 9-foot tall, “circa 1887 Walter Durfee Honduran mahogany tubular chiming grandfather clock with Elliott movement and mercury filled brass pendulum”? A glance may have hurried banker R. Crosby Kemper Sr., a board member in the early 1950s, to a meeting.

The building will likely be sold, too, said Janice Stanton, the bankruptcy trustee. The club had moved there in 2001 when it merged with the University Club. For eight decades prior, the Kansas City Club occupied a 14-story building at 13th and Baltimore.

A possibly Denver buyer has emerged for the current site, but Stanton said she was not at liberty to comment on that.

Preview days

Two auction previews are scheduled at the Kansas City Club building, 918 Baltimore Ave.

▪ 1 to 5 p.m. Sept. 8 for the fitness and banquet equipment

▪ 1 to 5 p.m. Sept. 21 for the antiques, art and historic items

For more information: auctionbymayo.com
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/ar ... 69244.html
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

That's got some cool stuff for cheap (for the moment at least). Thanks for the heads up.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

That is awesome. Interesting to see how popular this gets....
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Colorado developer makes $1.25M offer for KC Club building
The filing indicates Epoch Developments LLC is offering to buy the building "as is where is." The sale is not contingent on any financing or due diligence period. Epoch Developments, according to its LinkedIn page, is a Denver-based developer focused on "adaptive reuse conversions, incubators, lofts, micro-apartments and accelerators."

Craig Slawson, owner of Epoch, said he would like to redo the four-story, 48,750-square-foot building as an event space or possibly as a club space once again. Slawson said he's active in downtown Denver, where he has a startup incubator and coworking space.

The company is also working on a project at the intersection of 31st Street and Gillham Road near the "Martini Corner" area of Kansas City. He expects that redevelopment project will debut in 2016.
http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... t_20150824
auntbigdog
Pad site
Pad site

Post by auntbigdog »

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

See inside the historic Kansas City Club, restored as a high-end downtown event space

https://www.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 19310.html