Porchfest

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
grovester
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Porchfest

Postby grovester » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Not sure of the logistics of it, but if there is a max number of porches they shouldn't spread it out. I agree, SW was a bit of a demarcation.

Hopefully they take all comers and the crowd was a bit suppressed due to the weather.

DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DaveKCMO » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:37 am

brewcrew1000 wrote:Having to cross SW trafficway was kind of a pain. Maybe just have it all in roanoake next year would be better. Thought it was a little too spread out this year.

i consulted with them on that. didn't people park on the trafficway (which is totes legal on the weekend) to calm the traffic a bit? were most people crossing at valentine?

WSPanic
Hotel President
Hotel President

Postby WSPanic » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:29 am

They had a crossing guard to help at Valentine, but people were crossing 37th and 38th as well.

People (and food trucks) parked on the Trafficway did help. I was concerned about those crossings, but it was pretty easy.

I liked it better last year - but that may have a smuch to do with the weather as the layout of the event. It was still a great event this year.

grovester
Hotel President
Hotel President

Postby grovester » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:14 pm

DaveKCMO wrote:
brewcrew1000 wrote:Having to cross SW trafficway was kind of a pain. Maybe just have it all in roanoake next year would be better. Thought it was a little too spread out this year.

i consulted with them on that. didn't people park on the trafficway (which is totes legal on the weekend) to calm the traffic a bit? were most people crossing at valentine?

Only saw food trucks on the trafficway and they were cordoned. Was not aware of the parking availability as I avoid that road at all costs.

Return to “Kansas City Scene”