WYCO has 1 public pool.

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by ShowME »

Yes folks for all the money that's been invested in Western Wyandotte County this is just another example of ignoring the needs of your citizens. Channel 4 ran a story tonight that said Wyandotte County is looking into 2 "spray parks". I assume they're parks with water misters or something cheap like that. The county only has 1 public pool. Maybe the 2004 county budget should offer free passes for the kids to the Great Wolf Lodge (Yea Right!). Oh BTW it's gonna be 100 degrees tomorrow enjoy!
Calling a spade a spade.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by KCN »

150,000 residents, 1 public pool? That's pretty rediculous. I wonder how many pools Johnson County has?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by trailerkid »

This is pathetic!!!! Where can all the kids in the city bike to cool off? Going to the pool is a major part of most kids' childhood...sad.
DanCa
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by DanCa »

Yeah, but could KCK even afford another pool considering the high unemployment and poverty rates? The city couldn't be taking in much in the way of tax revenue.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by KCPowercat »

can't wait until Carol tries to run for KCMO mayor....
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by Good2Great »

Pools spread germs (ie YEAST INFECTIONS)

How about just opening a few hydrants?
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by StL_Dan »

Good2Great wrote:Pools spread germs (ie YEAST INFECTIONS)
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by KCK »

You know what the really funny thing about the pool is? The location. Its like on 10th and Quindaro. By the way when I was a kid i hated swimming in this pool because it was rarely clean, and bugs and trash would always be floating around the water.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCforumer

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by KCforumer »

WyCo has more than 1 public pool. A second is in Bonner Springs. Also, doesn't the Turner School District also have a public pool?

KCK is a nice place to live. :wink: Joking. Well, maybe Piper, if you dig a semi-upscale, semi-rural area.
KCforumer

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by KCforumer »

I like how the low-income condominium complex off of 10th and Quindaro BLVD, near Fairfax, called "The Homes" has "A nice place to live" on all of its signs.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by KCK »

I really wish that the people in Quindaro had jobs in Fairfax. I mean I bet the North East part of KCK probably accounts for a lot of its unemployment. Maybe the 200 jobs they are adding at the GM plant will help a little.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by TheDude »

hydrants are a good idea like in NYC, but why cant they just swim in the river?? nothing like a good ol' tire swing and skinny dippin' with your best buds.....
"ALWAYS be closing"
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by justin8216 »

The YMCA operates "public" pools at Bonner Springs, and Western Wyandotte has a new YMCA facility opening soon at 89th and Parallel next to the med center. Turner School district operates it's own indoor public pool through the Turner Recreation Commission. All three of these  pools are newer facilities.  And the majority of new subdivisions out west have thier own community pools complete with water slides. I would say the availabilty of public pools is comparable to KCMO. Johnson County has an abundance of city owned pools, because thier demographics allow thier cities to afford more luxury city services than is the norm for most cities. Also allot of wyandotte countians use public pools such as Merriam's. Why pay for maintaining our own pools, when we can let Johnson county bare the expense while we get the benefit.
KCrules
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: WYCO has 1 public pool.

Post by KCrules »

We all know why WYCO has shi* for swimming pools...let's just leave that one alone.