OFFICIAL: The Legends at Village West

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Legends tenants

Post by GuyInLenexa »

I think Trailerkid, they are coming for both. There are not enough tourist to support it. The Dillards that will go there will be similar to Jordan Creek, the shopping area (of course) will not be as upscale as Jordan Creek, and you are right, I picture it being somewhat like a Mills mall. But when I lived in Denton County (DFWMtrplx) Grapevine Mills was shopped by more locals than tourists.
I see it as a "hybrid" type of mall.
I am anxious to see and hear about this in the near future.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

This was going to far from what this was supposed to be, go here to continue the "how far away" debate:
http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/kcforum/vi ... php?t=2183
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCDevin

Legends tenants

Post by KCDevin »

something I just thought of,
visitors to the Speedway, etc... should stay in hotels in downtown, then drive to the event, drive back between events and shop downtown, then drive back etc... Therefore wasting gas and in addition to giving money to the speedway and downtown hotels/entertainment/retail they would give money to our gas stations, and in good quantity.
I really doubt Village West is going to attract the amount of people they expect, thely are getting stores which are in places like Metro North, and Antioch. (or heh, what used to be there)
It's just another Great Mall of the Great Plains, only more outside friendly...
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Legends tenants

Post by KCK »

The great mall doesn't have a 80,000 seat race track next to it, or a minor league baseball stadium.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Legends tenants

Post by GuyInLenexa »

I can promise all of you that The Legends will be a major destination point. It will be a themed type of shopping area but it will attract many people from the area and beyond and will have a lot of interesting retailers. It will gain national attention during the major racing events at the speedway.
Almost every major restaurant chain in the US and many local will be there or around it, including many that we do not have in KC at this time.
The Legends will also be the major shopping area for a broad area spanning into Missouri and even JOCO.
I went to Village West this weekend and was amazed of the growth that has happened and that will happen in the near future. I think one of the coolest things that impressed me was the water tower that had “Kansas City, Kansasâ€
longknock
Pad site
Pad site

Legends tenants

Post by longknock »

I thought I heard that ESPN Zone was locating in the Legends? Dave & Busters would be really cool. I have a restaurant site out there that I'm marketing, but it is not in the Legends. In fact, it is adjacent to NBR and on the road that accesses the pits at the Speedway. This site will be seen before the restaurants at the Legends, but after Russell Stover and Famous Daves. Anyone know someone who wants to open a restaurant that specializes in breakfast and lunch?
Matt Wells
RPT Commercial
(913)515-7245 mobile
wellsmjaaz@everestkc.net
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Legends tenants

Post by GuyInLenexa »

Longknock:

This restaurant has breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is great. Based in Dallas, they are all over the south.

Site:
:D
KCDevin

Legends tenants

Post by KCDevin »

ESPN Zone will never go to Legends when it has a choice like downtown. Why go to a spot which is in rural KCK and doesn't have any good sized hotels nearby?
Besides, downtown is gonna be the sports and entertainment district.
The proposed arena, ballroom, performing arts center, KC Live!
And of course, Bartle Hall and Municiple Auditorium.
We shouldn't let Legends become a major destination of the metro, I don't care if its 4th, it's okay as long as it stays 4th. And just so you know my list goes like this:
1. Country Club Plaza
2. Crown Center
3. Kansas City Live!
4. Legends
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Legends tenants

Post by GuyInLenexa »

Sorry, forgot the link to the restaurant:

http://www.lamadeleine.com

Nice list, Devin.

I do not think ESPN Zone will be there, but maybe, just maybe they may build a high rise taller than anything outside of Tapei.
And the shadow it will cast in the evening sun will reach all the way to Excelsior Springs!

:o
KCDevin

Legends tenants

Post by KCDevin »

you know that's not funny...

oh, and weren't people saying the Great Mall would be a success...?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

I'm not sure anyone thought the Great Mall would be a success after they actually saw it in person. Retailers there were complaining publicly to the KC Biz Journal in only a matter of weeks after it opened.

I would say there is an 80% chance that Legends will be successful. It already has the A+ location...now it just needs the right environs and tenants. The problems they had with the theater, and who they "settled" with causes some warning signs to go up (i.e. they couldn't get Muvico and settled for Phoenix, will they also settle for Sam Goody and Fox Sports Grill instead of Virgin and Hard Rock).
KCDevin

Legends tenants

Post by KCDevin »

cause hard rock will be going downtown ;)
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Legends tenants

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCDevin wrote:cause hard rock will be going downtown ;)
Nah, KC will settle for another Dick Clark's American Bandstand.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Legends tenants

Post by KCPowercat »

hey that was OP's mistake, don't drag us into that Dick Clark crap :)
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

Ted Turner's restaurant chain Ted's Montana Grill is the newest tenant to sign on at the "destination" retail center at Village West.

So here's the stuff that will be out there now besides Cabela's and NFM...
--Sheridan's Custard
--Ted's Montana Grill (with two locations planned for Wichita)
--Applebee's
--Famous Dave's
--Amini's Galleria

Wow...this place will rival the Plaza. :roll:
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Legends tenants

Post by GRID »

I wouldn't call it a "regional" destiantion, but Amini's Galleria is a nice catch for western wyandotte. I wouln't mind one of those LS or BS.

But seriously, what's next for this killer retail site, Snip & Clips?, QuikTrip?

Maybe, they will really score and land an On The Border or Macaroni Grill!

Thing is, these are the thing KCK residents need. Regular suburban stuff, not ESPN Zone or Hard Rock which will fail out there anyway long term.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote:I wouldn't call it a "regional" destiantion, but Amini's Galleria is a nice catch for western wyandotte. I wouln't mind one of those LS or BS.

But seriously, what's next for this killer retail site, Snip & Clips?, QuikTrip?

Maybe, they will really score and land an On The Border or Macaroni Grill!

Thing is, these are the thing KCK residents need. Regular suburban stuff, not ESPN Zone or Hard Rock which will fail out there anyway long term.
Yes, but this thing is not built for the demos of KCK. It is a regional attraction. It is not very close the population of KCK...if the point was to bring more shops and restaurants to KCK, they would be bringing them a lot further inside the 435.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Legends tenants

Post by GRID »

I bet they will drive there now instead of Northland or JoCo. Plus LV county and Bonner etc will support it.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Legends tenants

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Still waitin' for these clowns to bring in a Dave & Buster's! It's a suburban chain that I happen to enjoy. Ted Turner's Grill already has two locations comin' to Wichita. Whoopty-doop!
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Legends tenants

Post by trailerkid »

As KC(P) posted in the other thread...tenants announcements are due on Wednesday. These are all, but officially confirmed:
--Edutainment concept from Rainforest Cafe
--New concept from Hard Rock Cafe founder
--Dave & Buster's

The founder of D&B is going to be there so it seem that they are one of the bigger name tenants...I think we can almost rule out Virgin, Hard Rock, ESPN or whatever else people were thinking. Overall, this comes as good news to hear Legends will open some restaurants that are new national concepts.