OFFICIAL: The Legends at Village West

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: OFFICIAL: The Legends at Village West

Post by chrizow »

mgsports wrote:Pizza Ranch coming this Fall.
PIZZA RANCH
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Pizza Ranch plans to open a restaurant in KCK's Plaza at the Speedway this fall. Also looking at Belton and so on. http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/30/40 ... urant.html Independence MARCH 2014
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

Anyone notice that they've stopped work on the facade of the first Cerner building (the one that is nearly finished)? There is a small area on the east side, facing 435, where the facade has been finished but that's it. And it's been that way for several months. I wonder if they've had issues with the material or are rethinking what the final look will be?
slimwhitman
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by slimwhitman »

mistervinix wrote:Anyone notice that they've stopped work on the facade of the first Cerner building (the one that is nearly finished)? There is a small area on the east side, facing 435, where the facade has been finished but that's it. And it's been that way for several months. I wonder if they've had issues with the material or are rethinking what the final look will be?
I heard it was a production problem with the material. It has supposedly been resolved and the building is on schedule.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

slimwhitman wrote:
mistervinix wrote:Anyone notice that they've stopped work on the facade of the first Cerner building (the one that is nearly finished)? There is a small area on the east side, facing 435, where the facade has been finished but that's it. And it's been that way for several months. I wonder if they've had issues with the material or are rethinking what the final look will be?
I heard it was a production problem with the material. It has supposedly been resolved and the building is on schedule.
When they first presented plans for the buildings the Planning staff recomended denial due to the use of metal panels. KC KS planning regulations prohibit metal as a exterior building finish. But Cerner's Architects gave all kind of reassurances that it was very high quality stainless steel that wouldn't rust or cast glare from the sun that would cause drivers on 435 to wreck their cars.

I hope the finished product lives up the architects's hype.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

justin8216 wrote:KC KS planning regulations prohibit metal as a exterior building finish. But Cerner's Architects gave all kind of reassurances that it was very high quality stainless steel that wouldn't rust or cast glare from the sun that would cause drivers on 435 to wreck their cars.

Weird. I didn't know KCK prohibited that. The metal shouldn't be a problem. It's not hard to find a stainless with a low SRI. And if it's true stainless, it shouldn't rust. We've used it on buildings next to the ocean with no trouble.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

chaglang wrote:
justin8216 wrote:KC KS planning regulations prohibit metal as a exterior building finish. But Cerner's Architects gave all kind of reassurances that it was very high quality stainless steel that wouldn't rust or cast glare from the sun that would cause drivers on 435 to wreck their cars.

Weird. I didn't know KCK prohibited that. The metal shouldn't be a problem. It's not hard to find a stainless with a low SRI. And if it's true stainless, it shouldn't rust. We've used it on buildings next to the ocean with no trouble.
KCK has ridiculous codes
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Judge signs off on winning bid for Legends Outlets
The newly created affiliate of New York-based KKR & Co. LP was the highest bidder for the retail center in Wyandotte County, with a $131.5 million bid.
RED Legacy, a new development entity led by Dan Lowe, is the operating partner for KKR Legends.
ChilipepKC
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by ChilipepKC »

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

The incentives deal with the state yielded $147 million in Kansas sales tax revenue (STAR) bonds and $85 million in state tax credits and cash incentives.
Imagine what 4000 new employees could have done for downtown KCK.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Imagine what 4000 new employees could have done for downtown KCMO.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:Imagine what 4000 new employees could have done for downtown KCMO.
Yeah, I think that's pretty much implied in any statement about the deal. I didn't see the need to beat that horse's corpse again.

My point is that if the State of Kansas was going to devote $232 million in public financing to this project, they could have done it in a way that would have helped a struggling part of the metro instead of subsidizing more greenfield sprawl.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

First of 4,000 Cerner employees move into new KCK offices

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... 9&page=all
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Eon Blue wrote:
aknowledgeableperson wrote:Imagine what 4000 new employees could have done for downtown KCMO.
Yeah, I think that's pretty much implied in any statement about the deal. I didn't see the need to beat that horse's corpse again.

My point is that if the State of Kansas was going to devote $232 million in public financing to this project, they could have done it in a way that would have helped a struggling part of the metro instead of subsidizing more greenfield sprawl.
Bingo. The eastern/western Wyandotte County divide is far more interesting than MO/KS because of the staggeringly unequal pace of development.
thegeester68
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by thegeester68 »

FangKC wrote:First of 4,000 Cerner employees move into new KCK offices

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... 9&page=all
White collar... my understanding is that many of these positions are lower level/entry level positions.

Boost daily traffic/revenue of Legends... well no sh*t Sherlock. Where else can these poor office people go? They are out in the middle of nowhere! I hope they have an indoor gym/track facility because there are no trees/shade trails out there and you'd melt during the summer.

I personally would HATE to work in that sort of area trapped by my geography. Ugh. Guess I can go play a round of slots and hit the buffet.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

Didn't Cerner lay off a few hundred employees several months ago? I wonder if they'll ever actually have 4,000 employees there.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Absolutely mind boggling. "the speedway is the reason Cerner chose village west"

haha. try "corporate welfare" is the reason. 90% of KCK looks like shit and the state basically builds Cerner a new campus clear out in BFE to help support all the other subsidized crap out there.

But don't worry, the hundreds of millions in public subsidies combined with the continued abandonment of any and all existing built up areas has brought KCK as new 300 unit apartment complex that is halfway to Topeka! Ye haw Kansas! Go get em!
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

GRID wrote:Absolutely mind boggling. "the speedway is the reason Cerner chose village west"

haha. try "corporate welfare" is the reason. 90% of KCK looks like shit and the state basically builds Cerner a new campus clear out in BFE to help support all the other subsidized crap out there.

But don't worry, the hundreds of millions in public subsidies combined with the continued abandonment of any and all existing built up areas has brought KCK as new 300 unit apartment complex that is halfway to Topeka! Ye haw Kansas! Go get em!
your post is bullshit
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

justin8216 wrote:
GRID wrote:Absolutely mind boggling. "the speedway is the reason Cerner chose village west"

your post is bullshit
His post is entirely accurate. No public subsidies, no Cerner.