Mission Mart

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Mission Mart

Post by KC0KEK »

Does anybody know the history, including some major past tenants, of the Mission Mart on Johnson Drive? Paper Warehouse just closed their store there, and that made me curious about when the shopping center was built, remodeled, etc. Thanks.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Mission Mart

Post by DiggityDawg »

That's the shopping center a couple doors west of the Wild Oats store, right?

There used to be a Pier 1 there - on the east end of the north-facing side. Mrs. Dawg used to work there.
paper_tiger80
Surface Lot

Mission Mart history

Post by paper_tiger80 »

Lucky's Brew Grill was an atique shop for years on end. Next to Lucky's was a place called Zorba the Greek but it closed down about three years ago. Next to J's Hobby Haven was a Play It Again Sports but that moved out and was replaced by the Indian jewlery store. UPS store was a division of the Post Office and on the corner was Aminie's Galleria which moved to 103rd MEtcalf and became a Kinko's. Kinko's then moved up the street and that building is god knows what. Thats all that I remember of the Mission Mart.
DanCa
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Mission Mart

Post by DanCa »

I remember my grandfather taking me to a barber shop there that seemed old in the early 70s. I recall they remodelled it to a pseudo-Spanish style - probably early 70s. I think I remember a TG&Y and a small toy store being there also, but I could be wrong. I'm thinking back to pre-kindergarten days!