Leawood's Park Place development

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Leawood's Park Place development

Post by trailerkid »

Found it a little interesting that PP has a prominent AMC ticket kiosk inside the commons area. PP planners obviously realize the potential of creating a walkable, urbanized space. Maybe it'll encourage Town Center Plaza to look at creating a synergy between its shopping center and PP.
jimb
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jimb »

trailerkid wrote: Found it a little interesting that PP has a prominent AMC ticket kiosk inside the commons area. PP planners obviously realize the potential of creating a walkable, urbanized space. Maybe it'll encourage Town Center Plaza to look at creating a synergy between its shopping center and PP.
Last time I drove by, it looked like a crosswalk to TCP had been painted and a new staircase from the street up to the movie theater was poured.  Now, if TCP could do something about the parking moat separating it from PP (maybe build a structure a la Oak Park Mall and put some buildings up against the street) there could be some nice connectivity.

I also keep thinking that TCP and PP should partner up to create a shuttle service to the Sprint campus around the lunch hour.
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by GuyInLenexa »

I had dinner last night with a friend of mine from TX that was in town working with some of the local chamber of commerces in JOCO and Lawrence.  He was given a whirlwind tour of several of the new projects in Leawood (One Nineteen, Menorah, Park Place, and even Corbin Park (although it is in OPK).
They told him that Town Center Plaza is planning a renovation after B&N and several tenants move out to Corbin Park.  They (Diversified Realty) plan to add another building on the north side of the property that may include another major anchor.
Of course I doubt that anything like this will materialize in the near future until the general economy stabalizes, especially retail.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

GuyInLenexa wrote: They told him that Town Center Plaza is planning a renovation after B&N and several tenants move out to Corbin Park.  They (Diversified Realty) plan to add another building on the north side of the property that may include another major anchor.
Of course I doubt that anything like this will materialize in the near future until the general economy stabalizes, especially retail.
if they bother with this they had better improve the ped experience. maybe a garage to maximize the remaining space? sooooooo much surface parking...
Lenexan
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Lenexan »

Didn't know they were moving from 119th and Roe, wow...that's my favorite B&N.  Why?  I dont get the desire to move south..not like the people at 119th and Roe don't need to be serviced still.  What other tenants are moving out? 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
mudjack
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mudjack »

TCP has a Barnes and Noble and a bunch of other crap I don't care about. I hope B&N doesn't leave, but TCP could certainly use a redo.
Lenexan wrote: Didn't know they were moving from 119th and Roe, wow...that's my favorite B&N.  Why?  I dont get the desire to move south..not like the people at 119th and Roe don't need to be serviced still.  What other tenants are moving out? 

trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

mudjack wrote: TCP has a Barnes and Noble and a bunch of other crap I don't care about. I hope B&N doesn't leave, but TCP could certainly use a redo.
B&N is moving to Corbin Park-- if it is ever finished.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

It can stay because if 2 Best Buy's close to each other can make it in Overland Park then so can Barnes and Noble it's not like Olathe has one yet.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

mgsports wrote: It can stay because if 2 Best Buy's close to each other can make it in Overland Park then so can Barnes and Noble it's not like Olathe has one
I believe it's already been announced B&N will shutter the TCP store once the other store is finished. They also sued DDR-- the mangement of the complex so they're not on good terms with the landlord.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Can't quite figure out the need for a hotel in Leawood...Relatives in town maybe? Sprint guests?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
cityscape
New York Life
New York Life

Post by cityscape »

Maybe the World Headquarters of a dying fortune 500 company across the street had something to do with it :D  It's also interesting to note that this is Leawoods first hotel!
LaulaNep73

Leawoods Park Place development

Post by LaulaNep73 »

I called the city, and as of this post, have not had a reply.  I did scan the parks 08 budget, but did not see anything specifically labeled as skate park.

Ill let you know if I hear anything.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

At Park Place

Leawood?s Park Place will have three new tenants:

?Bella B?s Boutique and Bella Bambino ? sister stores ? will open at 11555 Ash St. on Nov. 19.

Bella B?s is relocating from Overland Park. It sells trendy clothing and accessories. Bella Bambino is a new store that will sell ?rocker mom? maternity wear and trendy children?s clothing in limited quantities.

?Cupcake A La Mode, a cupcake cafe offering 20 flavors of cupcakes, along with coffees and teas, will open at 11529 Ash St. in late December. There also is a location west of the Country Club Plaza.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Carmen's Cafe of Brookside is opening a second location at Leawood's Park Place in March.

http://www.kansascity.com/business/story/1603165.html

mudjack
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mudjack »

I love Carmen's, but is it Leawood enough for Park Place?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Park Place starts second phase
The new office building will be anchored by RPS Financial Group Inc., the local network office of Northwestern Mutual. It will move late this year into as much as 25,000 square feet of the new building, which will be at 11501 Ash St., near 116th Street and Nall Ave....

In addition to the new office building, the new phase at Park Place will include a new 400-space public parking garage and additional restaurant and retail space.

During the next few months, five new tenants are set to open at Park Place, including Cafe Roux, Carmens Cafe, Cupcake A La Mode, Flowers by Emily and Michael Shae Salon. Two fashion boutiques opened in time for the holiday season: Bella B's and J. Hathaway Shoe Boutique.

Lenexan
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Lenexan »

I still think it stinks if B&N moves out of Town Center.  It's a smaller location and a lot more homey than the massive stores like at Oak Park Mall.  Also, it's not like 135th and Metcalf is right around the corner from 119th and Roe.  Everytime I go in there -- not just holidays, but lunch time, evening time, etc -- its got a nice crowd.  Seems non-sensical to me. 
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

Lenexan wrote: I still think it stinks if B&N moves out of Town Center.  It's a smaller location and a lot more homey than the massive stores like at Oak Park Mall.  Also, it's not like 135th and Metcalf is right around the corner from 119th and Roe.   Everytime I go in there -- not just holidays, but lunch time, evening time, etc -- its got a nice crowd.   Seems non-sensical to me. 
Uh, B&N isn't in Park Place anyway. Plus, since Corbin Park is on hold at this point, B&N won't be moving there anytime soon. 
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

Was out at RA last weekend.....Huge!  Standing Room only.  That Place is CRAZY!