Quiktrip

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Quiktrip

Post by mgsports »

Wants to build at 107th and Nall Ave. So wants to be like Mobil or Speedway on Lake Shore Drive where but almost have locations at each intersection.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Quiktrip

Post by mistervinix »

A replacement for Roe and 435, I have no doubt. That store is too small for the business it gets.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

But can just expand on back on it.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

mgsports wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:14 am But can just expand on back on it.
No, an employee told me several years ago (after they added the QT Kitchen), that was as big as they could go. There is a creek/small ravine behind the building, as well as apartment building.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

But next to E Cafe/behind QuikTrip Land is for sale.

https://energov.opkansas.org/CSS/SelfSe ... ttachments Read Attachment
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

mgsports wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:10 pm But next to E Cafe/behind QuikTrip Land is for sale.
There's zero chance they'll move to a smaller piece of land. This land is not behind QT in any sense of the word.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

It's near it and can just expand on back of part of East side.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

mgsports wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:01 pm It's near it and can just expand on back of part of East side.
Nope. There's a ravine in the way.
AlbertHammond
New York Life
New York Life

Post by AlbertHammond »

...or keep the Roe store and have two. I am sure they can keep both of them busy.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

A Plan has been submitted for new location.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

AlbertHammond wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:30 am ...or keep the Roe store and have two. I am sure they can keep both of them busy.
Doubtful. When they built the new QT on SM Pkwy in Shawnee, they didn't say anything about closing the one at Neiman and 67th, but they ended up closing it a month after the new one opened. I believe they actually said they had "no plans" to close it, which was clearly BS and pissed people off in Shawnee.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

Sani wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:44 pm
AlbertHammond wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:30 am ...or keep the Roe store and have two. I am sure they can keep both of them busy.
Doubtful. When they built the new QT on SM Pkwy in Shawnee, they didn't say anything about closing the one at Neiman and 67th, but they ended up closing it a month after the new one opened. I believe they actually said they had "no plans" to close it, which was clearly BS and pissed people off in Shawnee.
A employee the other day (looked like a manager) told me that they had no plans to relocate the store. Either he was completely out of the loop or lied. I even pointedly asked if they were moving next door to Top Golf. Quik Trips relocating is always a contentious issue it seems.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

A Top Golf employee told me that they are interested in the site for more parking. It’s very possible a QT and extra Top Golf parking could fill the space. Another QT employee said it was likely they are going to build a store there.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Build QT closer to Hospital then theirs room for both.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

mistervinix wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:05 am
Sani wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:44 pm
A employee the other day (looked like a manager) told me that they had no plans to relocate the store. Either he was completely out of the loop or lied. I even pointedly asked if they were moving next door to Top Golf. Quik Trips relocating is always a contentious issue it seems.
Whether contentious or not, the move from SE to NW corner of Ridgeview and the Fe in Olathe was a beautiful thing.

If you haven't been by that that corner in recent months, it looks a thousand times better than it was just one year ago. And more changes and improvements are already underway on the adjacent properties, as well as, the corner in front of Bonito Michoacan. I think the small bank building is going to be razed. Probably solely for expanded parking, if I had to guess.

@mgsports, you know anything more?
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Yes Bank is gone. Mulch place not open. Lot new in Town Square. Thai place coming where Happy Kitchen use to be. Kmacho's us know a Sushi Train place. Crushman is selling Olathe Pointe and Gateway phase 2 land. http://www.cushmanwakefield.com/properties/r1308486-1
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Still looking at 105th and Metcalf Ave among others. 103rd Metcalf Owners representing Lions Choice and wants to keep Buffalo Wild Wings.