Cinetopia sues AMC

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
Elrod
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Cinetopia sues AMC

Post by Elrod »

It seemed to me like this ought to have its own thread, but this is my first topic, so feel free to move this to the Prairiefire thread if appropriate.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... ng-it.html

This was interesting:
Cinetopia claims that when AMC officials contacted them in 2013 after learing of Cinetopia’s plans to build a cinema as an anchor to Prairiefire. AMC met with Cinetopia officials, saying they were interested in buying the Overland Park facility, then told Cinetopia that it should transfer ownership for free.

“When Cinetopia declined this ‘offer,’ AMC responded: ‘Okay, then I guess we will see what happens next summer when you try to open,’” the suit claims.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Cinetopia sues AMC

Post by mistervinix »

I've been wondering if that (the AMC vs Cinetopia fight) had actually gone away. What is never mentioned when Cinetopia makes their case is the experience of going to a movie out there is such a pain. You have to navigate a huge parking garage, which surburbanites in particular seem to loathe. And they missed the boat by not having reclining seats in their big theaters.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Cinetopia sues AMC

Post by empires228 »

Maybe if Cinetopia operated competitively in anyway they wouldn't be performing so bad. If I were them, I would go after Dumpster Fires owner too for never finishing the development.