95 Metcalf South update

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

95 Metcalf South update

Post by mgsports »

Lowe's coming soon sign up and Andy's Fall opening.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: 95 Metcalf South update

Post by mgsports »

Former BP Carwssh proposed
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

https://energov.opkansas.org/CSS/SelfSe ... 7f046ba37a French Market Car Wash
https://energov.opkansas.org/CSS/SelfSe ... ff51a76dc1
Also Northeast corner of property up for approval on same day.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

Do we not have a Metcalf South thread that this could have been posted in? A new thread per update seems to be excessive for some of these smaller centers.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vflwp1j1jqsrt ... 8.pdf?dl=0 Former OfficeMax been devide in to one space and with places on the side like Restaruants maybe McCalister's Deli or so on.
Also former Whole Foods devide into 2 spaces.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

mgsports wrote:Former OfficeMax been devide in to one space
Divided into one space?
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Sears building 2 Floors available and Auto Center to.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

flyingember wrote:
mgsports wrote:Former OfficeMax been devide in to one space
Divided into one space?
At least they're not trying to divide it by zero. The resulting implosion would make some Leawood residents happy that they'd be several miles closer to Nordstrom Rack :lol:
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Oh you heard it's moving to Leawood?
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://www.lane4group.com/wp-content/up ... e_sm-2.pdf Restaruant Quad won't be ready for places intill January 2019 same with Small Shops but doesn't say where they are going but could be lot 5 but wouldn't fit that many but has Lease Pending gone.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

mgsports wrote:http://www.lane4group.com/wp-content/up ... e_sm-2.pdf Restaruant Quad won't be ready for places intill January 2019 same with Small Shops but doesn't say where they are going but could be lot 5 but wouldn't fit that many but has Lease Pending gone.
Looks like they are maybe struggling to find tenants for the "Small Shops". I wondered why they are taking so long to break ground for these. Maybe they will repurpose the Sears building to something halfway exciting and that will build momentum. Although a teardown seems more likely.
jbean3535
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jbean3535 »

mistervinix wrote:
mgsports wrote:http://www.lane4group.com/wp-content/up ... e_sm-2.pdf Restaruant Quad won't be ready for places intill January 2019 same with Small Shops but doesn't say where they are going but could be lot 5 but wouldn't fit that many but has Lease Pending gone.
Looks like they are maybe struggling to find tenants for the "Small Shops". I wondered why they are taking so long to break ground for these. Maybe they will repurpose the Sears building to something halfway exciting and that will build momentum. Although a teardown seems more likely.
The Sears building is under different ownership from the rest of the center.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

jbean3535 wrote:
mistervinix wrote:
The Sears building is under different ownership from the rest of the center.
I'm sure they are trying to buy it though. It would make sense to have the whole site have a master plan, if they can get it. I can see one of those Main Event bowling centers going into that space.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Revolution? Five Below or Here Today or Big Lots or BAM or Field and Stream or Shopko Hometown or Dunham Sports or so on but are Junior Anchors.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

mgsports wrote:Revolution? Five Below or Here Today or Big Lots or BAM or Field and Stream or Shopko Hometown or Dunham Sports or so on but are Junior Anchors.
The only two of those that make sense would be BAM and Field & Stream. I know you've been told on several forums, including Facebook, that expecting Shopko Hometown, let alone Shopko, is ridiculous. Field & Stream usually only builds adjacent to a Dick's store and might not be able to compete in a market filled with sports mega stores. They go up against some of the big boys in other cities, but those markets tend to be larger or not as saturated. Shopko has cut it's Nebraska presence quite heavily and closed several Iowa stores, so don't ever expect them to come.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Field and Stream at one time this year was rumored for Bellmonte Pellmonade in Shawnee. Shopko Hometown has stores in KS and those cities are much small cities then ones in KC area and won't want to compete with Nebraska Furniture Mart and so on. Five Below would work because has locations in other parts of Metro but OP not yet. Dunham Sports is in mostly Malls like Capital Mall in Jefferson City.MO. The closet Big Lots is Shawnee,KS or KCMO or Olathe. Here Today is coming to KC area. Other places that might work are Meijer if it expands to MO,Grander Mountain if it decides way down the line to open new stores back up,Belk,Winco because has a Tulsa location and might want a KS one to,Fresh Thyme Market and so on.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

mgsports wrote:Field and Stream at one time this year was rumored for Bellmonte Pellmonade in Shawnee. Shopko Hometown has stores in KS and those cities are much small cities then ones in KC area and won't want to compete with Nebraska Furniture Mart and so on. Five Below would work because has locations in other parts of Metro but OP not yet. Dunham Sports is in mostly Malls like Capital Mall in Jefferson City.MO. The closet Big Lots is Shawnee,KS or KCMO or Olathe. Here Today is coming to KC area. Other places that might work are Meijer if it expands to MO,Grander Mountain if it decides way down the line to open new stores back up,Belk,Winco because has a Tulsa location and might want a KS one to,Fresh Thyme Market and so on.
And Shopko is in those smaller towns for a reason. Shopko Hometown only serves smaller markets that don't have another discount store. The majority of the stores in KS are former ALCO stores.

I'm trying very hard to not rant about how Shopko doesn't complete with Nebraska Furniture mart, how the two have locations in Omaha, and how this intersection is literally miles away from NFM, so I'll leave it at that.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Shopko Hometown is like the Sears in Lees Summit off of 50 highway. Shopko is like Kmart. Meijer is like Super Target and Supercenter Walmart. Hsrbor Freight but would have to go on 95 Metcalf North or so on near by. Supercuts or so on are Snall Shops that would work. Most big Box/Junior Anchors already by Mall or even going to relocate by it or by 119th street to so going to have get something not in OP yet or even KC area like Lowe's that's been built.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

I think I've mentioned before, I used to live in Madison, where there were several Shopkos. They were all very sad little stores. Kmarts without the blue lights. The one on the east side of Madison was always trashed and half of the shelves were empty. Unless they crack the retail success code that has eluded literally every other department store and big box retailer in the country, they are going to go out of business long before they ever open a store in Kansas City. It's just not happening.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

mgsports wrote:Shopko Hometown is like the Sears in Lees Summit off of 50 highway. Shopko is like Kmart. Meijer is like Super Target and Supercenter Walmart. Hsrbor Freight but would have to go on 95 Metcalf North or so on near by. Supercuts or so on are Snall Shops that would work. Most big Box/Junior Anchors already by Mall or even going to relocate by it or by 119th street to so going to have get something not in OP yet or even KC area like Lowe's that's been built.
Comparing Shopko Hometown to Sears Hometown has to be the worst comparison of any two retail chains I have ever seen anyone make. Considering that I actually live out in an area where the two chains co-exist, I feel like I know a little bit more about Shopko Hometown than what you've gathered from Google.