Cornerstone of Leawood

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Cornerstone of Leawood

Post by justin8216 »

Looks like CB Richard Ellis is now developing this Cornerstone.

Now leasing. Seville Home under construction. Available summer 2006. Up-scale lifestyle development. Over 180,000 median income levels in one mile radius. Ted's Montana Grill has opened.

I guess Cheeseburger in Paradise scraped their plans in Leawood after they were told they couldn't have their signature Water Tank entry.
Another Cheeseburger in Paradise in proposed for Merriam at 67th and I-35 center. That is another development that has been languishing. Anybody know if construction is supposed to commence anytime soon?

One other thought. It is about the Location of the Metro's first Crate and Barrel in Leawood. I think they are making a huge mistake. I understand that Leawood has the demos they want, but they are going to locate in a development that to date has no other announced tenants? They will be the only thing there. That doesn't make since to me. If they want the Johnson County demo then they should build at One Corbin Park with Von Maur. If they don't like One Corbin then they should go to the Plaza or maybe the new Park Place. At least Park Place is closer to Town Centre Plaza. It just seems absurd for them to build at RED's OneNineteen center where so far it is the only major tenant.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

Winstead's is nearly done. The Cheeseburger In Paradise building is obvious if you drive by, and looks to be completed soon. The larger building in the back (with some steel up but nothing more) has been like that for almost two years. The project is nothing like they set out to do, overall.
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

mistervinix wrote: Winstead's is nearly done. The Cheeseburger In Paradise building is obvious if you drive by, and looks to be completed soon. The larger building in the back (with some steel up but nothing more) has been like that for almost two years. The project is nothing like they set out to do, overall.
I concur that Winstead's is nearly done. The building that is near completion nearby is actually for the Bonefish Grill. There is a sign on the building that indicates that. However there is a lot right next to it that has a sign for Cheeseburger in Paradise. The Seville Home building is completed and is either open or soon will be, since I see that the showroom looks complete.  I also have no idea what the large incomplete building in the back of Seville House was for. Does anyone know?
"People just repeat what everybody else says as a short cut to thinking." JTREG - BigSoccer Forum Member
jj116533
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by jj116533 »

well i looked at the development last night when we went to Ted's (1hr 30min wait) winsteads still needs the front tiling to be done, and there is a sign that says now hiring, and then cheesburger is about half way done on the outside, all they need to do is add paint and the metal (watertower type thing) and the bricks, but i think the inside is getting intensive work on it right now.  As for the Seville home it is open for buisiness, but the steel structure just sits there every day not getting any work on it.  I would think that the steel is really starting to rust, two+ years, they really need to get cracking, it looks like they are starting to a little bit now.
All of this information comes as of last night around like 730pm
Student at NYU studying Metropolitan Studies and Economic Theory.  Real Estate connoisseur.
http://twitter.com/#!/grecobs
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

jj116533 wrote: well i looked at the development last night when we went to Ted's (1hr 30min wait) winsteads still needs the front tiling to be done, and there is a sign that says now hiring, and then cheesburger is about half way done on the outside, all they need to do is add paint and the metal (watertower type thing) and the bricks, but i think the inside is getting intensive work on it right now.  As for the Seville home it is open for buisiness, but the steel structure just sits there every day not getting any work on it.  I would think that the steel is really starting to rust, two+ years, they really need to get cracking, it looks like they are starting to a little bit now.
All of this information comes as of last night around like 730pm
I'm assuming they don't have the interest they thought they would for the original center. South OP is a very cluttered market...Park Place, One Nineteen, Corbin Park, Cornerstone and Stateline Station are recruiting many similar tenants.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

I keep wondering if that church has some say in the type of business that come in. Yes, that area is becoming a little cluttered. When the big outdoor center opens at 135th and Metcalf next year, it will surely cause a further shakeout. AMC even was once looking at that area for another megaplex, but I doubt if they are that interested anymore.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

developers are like sheep
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Joyce Smith reports that Plaza III is gone from Cornerstone (as was Cheeseburger a while back).  :lol:
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

What should replace these closed places here? Other Restauants? Like Famous Daves? Daves and Busters? ESPN ZONE? Red Lobster? Joe's Crab Shack? Retail?
Last edited by mgsports on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

mgsports wrote: What should replace these closed places here? Other Restauants? Like Famous Daves? Daves and Busters? Retail?
Famous Dave's is the worst BBQ in the metro.  I can't fathom why it's still in business in the BBQ capital of the world.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

As I understand it, any business that is not a liquor store is only lawfully allowed to sell near-beer(lower than 3.2% alcohol by volume) in Kansas. In Missouri, I don't think it would be an issue at all.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/1426

Replacing Cheeseburger in Paradise. It used to be in Olathe Pointe. There's mostly restaurants here.

[mod: corrected URL and more retarded grammar/spelling.]

Corbin Park has Men's Wearhouse,Backwoods and so on to so far.
You might be thinking of Park Place or Villligo or how ever you spell it.
Last edited by mgsports on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

mgsports wrote: http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/1426

Replacing Cheeseburger in Paradise. It used to be in Olathe Pointe. There's mostly restaurants here.

[mod: corrected URL and more retarded grammar/spelling.]
I think you should have the corrections underneath the original quote, like subtitles
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

I don't know what the name of the mixed-use development just to the West of Cornerstone (would have condos and shops, etc....Phoenix based company & SW style maybe?)....so I'd put this here.  The sign is still up and there are weeds & tall grass everywhere.  The mall down the street (Corbin) also has nothing still outside of the Vaun Maur, which looks really odd as it's an enormous building with nothing around it.  Like a Federal Pen.

I also read that OP had zero housing permits in Februrary.  Yeah, zero.  And only 1 in January.  Pretty amazing times we're living in for development.  (Lack thereof)
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

Maitre D wrote: I don't know what the name of the mixed-use development just to the West of Cornerstone (would have condos and shops, etc....Phoenix based company & SW style maybe?)....so I'd put this here.   The sign is still up and there are weeds & tall grass everywhere.   The mall down the street (Corbin) also has nothing still outside of the Vaun Maur, which looks really odd as it's an enormous building with nothing around it.   Like a Federal Pen.

I also read that OP had zero housing permits in Februrary.  Yeah, zero.   And only 1 in January.   Pretty amazing times we're living in for development.  (Lack thereof)
Actually, the Corbin Place(?) project is well under way. Two larger buildings just west of Von Maur are being built. Looks like they may finally have it all finished this year. Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Penneys and some kind of movie/dinner theater combo (kind of like AMC's Fork & Screen) are included.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

mistervinix wrote: Actually, the Corbin Place(?) project is well under way. Two larger buildings just west of Von Maur are being built. Looks like they may finally have it all finished this year. Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Penneys and some kind of movie/dinner theater combo (kind of like AMC's Fork & Screen) are included.
Do we need another Barnes and Noble? They just opened one at Oak Park and the news reports that they and Borders have declining revenues due to fewer people shopping for books.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Office Depot,Sports Authority,Gordon B. and so on are coming soon to.
Lots of Outparcels have opened to.

Marbeck Aplliance's opening by Goodwill and so on.