Oak Park Mall

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Oak Park Mall

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

NDTeve wrote: Wasn't that PB&J's first concept?
Yeah - used to have a great steak sandwich. 

I miss the coyote grill a lot too - they had a great calamari steak in a green chile sauce.  mmm. 
kanasalumn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kanasalumn »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Yeah - used to have a great steak sandwich. 

I miss the coyote grill a lot too - they had a great calamari steak in a green chile sauce.  mmm. 
Actually Yahooz will become the Coyote Grill.  PBJ decided that because there is too many resturants like Yahooz around that area
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kanasalumn wrote: Actually Yahooz will become the Coyote Grill.   PBJ decided that because there is too many resturants like Yahooz around that area
Oh interesting.  I never thought Yahooz was all that interesting a concept. 
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Oak Park Mall renovation + tenants (ongoing)

Post by Highlander »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Oh interesting.  I never thought Yahooz was all that interesting a concept. 
Same here.  Even though it's only a few blocks from my parents house, I figured it was just another steak house.  Yia Yia's, on the other hand, is among my favorite restaurants in the KC area. 

Where is Coyote Grill currently?  Isn't it in a nearby strip mall?
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

Coyote Grill used to be in Mission Center.  They had killer empanadas.  Glad to hear Yahooz will be converted to CG!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Angel wrote: Coyote Grill used to be in Mission Center.
Of course, remember that now.  I was thinking of a fairly decent Mexican restaurant to the east across Roe(?) in a strip mall on the north side of 119th (near where Tony Roma's once was).  ...  EDIT ....  Cactus Cafe

Last edited by Highlander on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

That would be Cactus Grill.  Same as Jose Peppers, but I never did find out why it has a different name.  They have the same items on their menus.  At least, they did when I worked over there a few years ago.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Yeah, Coyote Grill was more of an upscale Soutwest fusion type place - think more Rick Bayless.
kanasalumn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kanasalumn »

Highlander wrote: Same here.  Even though it's only a few blocks from my parents house, I figured it was just another steak house.  Yia Yia's, on the other hand, is among my favorite restaurants in the KC area. 

Where is Coyote Grill currently?  Isn't it in a nearby strip mall?
Yahooz is more than a steak house.  I love its food though.  I was just at Yia Yia's on Friday for my bday. 

back to mall talk, what happened to that cone pizza restaurant, and wonder what will go in that location. 

Is the mall planning to put a new restaurant where rainforest was at?

I wonder what restaurant will the mall plans to have at the old Firestone location.  The manager at Firestone said that they were force out when the lease was up,  That is why they moved to next to Mienke/advance auto parts.  Firestone did not want to move out
SAC
Pad site
Pad site

Post by SAC »

J Crew closing here.  Moving to Town Center.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

At one time Texas Roadhouse or what ever it is called was going their by Target.
Last edited by mgsports on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanasalumn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kanasalumn »

SAC wrote: J Crew closing here.  Moving to Town Center.
I knew that for a few months before the store employees knew that.  I just could not had said anything about it
kanasalumn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kanasalumn »

mgsports wrote: At one time Texas Roadhouse or what ever it is called was going their.
at rainforest? or at firestone?
zypher_10
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by zypher_10 »

That's sort of surprising. The J.Crew in Oak Park is always busy when I'm there. I figured they would open another one in Town Center or at Corbin Park instead of only having one in JoCo.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Does anyone know what's going in on the lower level of the Nordstrom wing? They've got a construction wall that stretches the length of 2-3 storefronts. H&M finally coming would be nice, but I'm guessing they're probably relocating more stuff.
zypher_10 wrote: That's sort of surprising. The J.Crew in Oak Park is always busy when I'm there. I figured they would open another one in Town Center or at Corbin Park instead of only having one in JoCo.
JoCo has 2 Banana Republics so it seems like 2 J. Crews would also do fine down there.

Oak Park should've tried harder to keep them. I wouldn't be suprised if CBL wanted to force J. Crew into a different location. They'll most likely fill the space with something flashy and new to the region, but J. Crew is one of the most relevant mall stores here or anywhere else.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

trailerkid wrote: JoCo has 2 Banana Republics so it seems like 2 J. Crews would also do fine down there.

Oak Park should've tried harder to keep them. I wouldn't be suprised if CBL wanted to force J. Crew into a different location. They'll most likely fill the space with something flashy and new to the region, but J. Crew is one of the most relevant mall stores here or anywhere else.
Both the plaza and oak park JCrews always seemed fairly worthless to me.  I like some of their stuff but those two stores are tiny footprints and really only seem to get the real youth oriented merchandise.  It would be nice to see them bring a more flagship scale store to the KC market - like the Plaza BR. 
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Both the plaza and oak park JCrews always seemed fairly worthless to me.  I like some of their stuff but those two stores are tiny footprints and really only seem to get the real youth oriented merchandise.  It would be nice to see them bring a more flagship scale store to the KC market - like the Plaza BR. 
J. Crew is pretty popular even in NYC. They took an old bar in Manhattan and turned it into a J Crew men's store keeping all the original fixtures/design.

I don't shop at J. Crew, but downtown or the Plaza would be a nice place for a more sophisticated, urbane location.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

There is a j crew on the plaza
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
studentper
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by studentper »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: It would be nice to see them bring a more flagship scale store to the KC market - like the Plaza BR. 
I don't think the huge BR and Gap on the plaza were such a good idea.  The two locations seem to be about 1/2 sale merchandise, which is great for me, but can't be good for the brand image.  I was in the Plaza BR the weekend before last, and the store was empty of people, merchandise, and staff.  Just my 2 cents.
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by Midtownkid »

Those are the best stores ever!!  I can't say one bad thing about them.  That RB carries stuff you can't get in DC or online.