Oak Park Mall Update

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
User avatar
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:47 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by LCDSI » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:07 pm

JDluu wrote:I hear a rumor from an employee at the Plaza H&M that they would be opening another store in Oak Park in the Eddie Bower space (which he said would be moving to the Guess space). Is this on here somewhere already or can anybody confirm?
Well, whoever your source was is correct. The announcement is in today's KC Star.

Link below:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/12/40 ... k-oak.html

mgsports
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by mgsports » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Longtime Oak Park Mall tenant Bakers shoes has closed. The St. Louis-based company has been closing stores since before it filed for bankruptcy protection in October 2012.

In other Oak Park news: European Bistro closed in the food court. It opened two years ago on a short term lease that recently expired, according to the mall management. Le Gourmet Chef closed in late January. Eddie Bauer will relocate in the mall in April. iComfort Sleep System by Serta will open a store in April.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/12/40 ... rylink=cpy

msmith011
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: Southeast Minneapolis

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by msmith011 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but I've been reading for a bit.

I was at Oak Park Mall a few days ago and I was surprised to see that Lacoste is gone. I wasn't paying attention to what took the space because I was so distracted, but it's definitely not there. What's interesting is the mall directory and map still list the store, as does Lacoste's official website.

It will be interesting to see if they move to the Country Club Plaza. The reason is that I spoke with a friend who was a manager at Lacoste before she moved to Burberry. She mentioned to me that they were interested in a move. Although, I'm not keeping my fingers crossed since it was a year ago that I heard this information.

User avatar
smh
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3028
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Central Loop

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by smh » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:45 am

msmith011 wrote:Hi all, I'm new to the forum but I've been reading for a bit.

I was at Oak Park Mall a few days ago and I was surprised to see that Lacoste is gone. I wasn't paying attention to what took the space because I was so distracted, but it's definitely not there. What's interesting is the mall directory and map still list the store, as does Lacoste's official website.

It will be interesting to see if they move to the Country Club Plaza. The reason is that I spoke with a friend who was a manager at Lacoste before she moved to Burberry. She mentioned to me that they were interested in a move. Although, I'm not keeping my fingers crossed since it was a year ago that I heard this information.

Interesting. Would like to see a Lacoste on the plaza as opposed to Oak Park.

Also, welcome to the board!

jbean3535
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by jbean3535 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Manager of the arcade up at Oak Park. Lacoste closed at the end of November and it's currently occupied by the seasonal "Seasons" store. No word on what's taking its place after it leaves. Torrid opened a few weeks ago. They enclosed the area under the main center court escalator and turned it into a retail shop and it's *really* weird to see now.

User avatar
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 24051
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:31 pm
Location: The basement of a Ross Dress for Less
Contact:

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by KCMax » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:14 am

jbean3535 wrote:Manager of the arcade up at Oak Park. Lacoste closed at the end of November and it's currently occupied by the seasonal "Seasons" store. No word on what's taking its place after it leaves. Torrid opened a few weeks ago. They enclosed the area under the main center court escalator and turned it into a retail shop and it's *really* weird to see now.
Cool, thanks for the update.

mgsports
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by mgsports » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:40 pm

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/03/46 ... enexa.html More Oak Park. Middle December for Chipolte and will keep other place near by. Jayhawk store is gone and other Sports Store moved to a middle space but bigger then a Kisock.

jbean3535
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by jbean3535 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:45 pm

mgsports wrote:http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/03/46 ... enexa.html More Oak Park. Middle December for Chipolte and will keep other place near by. Jayhawk store is gone and other Sports Store moved to a middle space but bigger then a Kisock.
Jayhawk Store, Candy Lane, Godiva, and the former Eddie Bauer spot were all sucked into H&M. Sportibles is now a weird couple of racks in the center court that they simply wrap up overnight. It's definitely odd and the mall trying to capitalize on every single square foot of space in there.

jbean3535
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by jbean3535 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Looks like Johnston & Murphy is moving upstairs to where Lacoste was. Taylor's Shoes is gone - Candy City is looking at coming back to fill in the gap. Sleep Number is gone as well. Not sure what's going in there yet.

mgsports
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by mgsports » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Sleep Number jumped to other side street in Lenexa. http://www.thenewoakparkmall.com/directory Taylor Shoes still shown.

User avatar
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 17001
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:43 am

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by chrizow » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Image

jbean3535
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by jbean3535 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:40 pm

The mall's website is never up to date. (I manage a store in the mall)

msmith011
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: Southeast Minneapolis

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by msmith011 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:21 pm

L'Occitane en Provence is now open on Level 2: http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... nants.html

Is this the space where Crabtree & Evelyn was? Either way, Crabtree is now officially out of the KC market.

mgsports
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by mgsports » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Dawg Pound

kboish
Penntower
Penntower
Posts: 2377
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: West Plaza

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by kboish » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:50 pm

Woof woof

mgsports
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Oak Park mall

Post by mgsports » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:06 pm

http://apps.opkansas.org/Doing-Business ... 2015-00007 looks like where On the Border is or maybe former Mimi's Cafe for Multi Tenant Building What would ypu like to see it in?

mgsports
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by mgsports » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:33 pm

http://opdocs.opkansas.org/City%20Docs/ ... mittal.pdf Zoe's Kitchen,Nylon Shop,Pizzeria Locale.

empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Oak Park Mall Update

Post by empires228 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:29 am

https://fox4kc.com/2018/10/26/shots-fir ... gRlI-UqywM

A lot of teens and young adults who are far too young to actually know about Bannister are commenting how "Oak Park is the new hood mall like Bannister" all over the news on Facebook.

Post Reply