Scheels is coming

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Scheels is coming

Post by mgsports »

chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Scheels is coming

Post by chrizow »

this is a rendering of the scheel's store at one corbin park:

mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mistervinix »

So, will it have a 65-foot Ferris Wheel? Or a "Walk of US Presidents?" Those were supposed to be part of the Schlitterbahn Vacation VIllage Scheels store...
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://www.blockandco.com/b/a/54/725/13 ... 20Park.pdf plus exciting new 220,000 Sq Ft anchor tenant soon to be announced
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

From Joyce Smith: "Story developing: Scheels store for the metro. Will post when I have the details nailed down."
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

I like the pictures. Never imagined you could see the KC skyline so clearly from Corbin Park.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Also says on Corbin park website that like K-Mart not expanding,Target/Wal-mart but have ones near by,don't need Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market with Hen House,Sprouts,Fresh Market right their and Shopko that's has none in Metro yet are allowed in it.

http://corbinparkop.com/marketing-plan updated to include Steinmart,Off Broadway,Ultra,Tucanos and Types of places by Van Muar and JCPENNY'S but only Scheels Sports-2015 Tenant List so Olive garden hasen't got an offical permit to locate their yet.
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by Midtownkid »

Highlander wrote:

I like the pictures. Never imagined you could see the KC skyline so clearly from Corbin Park.
haha

thegeester68
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by thegeester68 »

Seriously? Summer 2015?? A giant sporting goods store out in the xburb. Bah!
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

No comment yet from Block and Company and other Owners and at Block and Companies Website Site Plan for it nothing new in it.
http://apps.opkansas.org/Doing-Business ... 2012-00043 12-10 Final Plat
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Love the brochure. Coming to Kansas City, Kansas. The place is like blocks from KCMO city limits and 15 miles from KCK and there is a photo of the KCMO skyline above it.

Damn them!
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://www.blockandco.com/b/a/54/725/13 ... 20Park.pdf Yes to Steinmart,Off Broadway and Ultra it looks like but Olive Garden still not shown
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Midtownkid wrote:
Highlander wrote:

haha

too often do i ignore these threads and miss out on some gems! is this advert real? if so it is priceless!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

That ad is sensational. I love that old Wilbert Harrison song about KCK. "I'm gonna be standing on the corner....12th Street and Metropolitan Avenue....."
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://corbinparkop.com/pdf/Corbin%20Si ... .23.12.pdf so C-4 and everything in E-3-4 look offical know and a Pad Site i18 is messed up but is to be Retail also no Olive Garden showing up yet but will know more on 12-10
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I like how the ad actually says Kansas but they put two Missouri sports teams and leave off the Kansas sports teams.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Whats up with politically active retail lately...
Political Activism and Company's Tea Party Affiliation

Scheels' CEO, Steve D. Scheel, and president, Steve M. Scheel, are prominent community leaders and active supporters of Tea Party and Republican causes (their campaign donations[5] have supported political leaders such as Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, and George W. Bush ). The Scheels brand has also been used to promote political causes. In September 2009, Scheel hosted a Tea Party rally at his flagship store in Fargo, ND.[6] The family's activism has invited controversy for the Scheels chain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheels_All_Sports
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

earthling wrote:Whats up with politically active retail lately...
Political Activism and Company's Tea Party Affiliation

Scheels' CEO, Steve D. Scheel, and president, Steve M. Scheel, are prominent community leaders and active supporters of Tea Party and Republican causes (their campaign donations[5] have supported political leaders such as Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, and George W. Bush ). The Scheels brand has also been used to promote political causes. In September 2009, Scheel hosted a Tea Party rally at his flagship store in Fargo, ND.[6] The family's activism has invited controversy for the Scheels chain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheels_All_Sports
They don't like taxes and now they have free speech protection, so the're not even slightly worried about a lawsuit.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Corbin Park will announce a major new tenant on Monday. Could this be the Scheels sporting goods confirmation? I was hoping another Pad Site being filled for a Restaruant or Retail space. Sprouts has confirmed their location. Off Broadway, in negotiations, is now looking at another spot in the center. Scheels has not confirmed .....yet. Expect it.