Another new Quik trip coming aoon

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Another new Quik trip coming aoon

Post by mgsports »

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Another new Quik trip coming aoon

Post by mean »

Anyone know if this new store design is similar to the one way out on 24 Highway approaching Buckner?
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

what impact will this have on QT's taquito selection? 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Another biz to Kansas no doubt because of the E-TAX!
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

chrizow wrote: what impact will this have on QT's taquito selection? 
Have you seen the wacky QT I was referring to? They are, quite seriously, completely different stores. It's almost more like Dunkin' Donuts meets a gas station.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

mean wrote: It's almost more like Dunkin' Donuts meets a gas station.
real talk.  i'll need to check it out. 

QT needs to increase the capacity of the 44/Main QT by about 6000%.  it is such a cluster.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

^^^^ that QT lot is one of the most frustrating places in all of midtown at certain times of day.  I avoid it at all costs.  I have never understood why folks pass up perfectly good, nearly empty gas stations (most with large convenience stores) in midtown but turn that one QT into an absolute madhouse. 

The BP and Shell on Broadway AND the Shell on Main are like, right up the road, with little to no congestion or annoyance upon fuel-up.
are we spinning free?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I love qt and the skill it takes to navigate the crowd....when you have experienced qt customers there its like a well oiled machine of chaos.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

rxlexi wrote: ^^^^ that QT lot is one of the most frustrating places in all of midtown at certain times of day.  I avoid it at all costs.  I have never understood why folks pass up perfectly good, nearly empty gas stations (most with large convenience stores) in midtown but turn that one QT into an absolute madhouse. 

The BP and Shell on Broadway AND the Shell on Main are like, right up the road, with little to no congestion or annoyance upon fuel-up.
QT's are just well oiled machines, even though it's busy, you can get in and out rather quickly, sometimes those other places have long lines where people are buying a bunch of lottos taking forever or the clerks are just puttsin around slowing everything down.

QT also seems a little safer, cops hang out at QT, while the BP and Shells tend to be sketchier. I know the shell on Broadway and 38th has had a shooting back in December while the other ones might have had similar situations in previous years but not certain.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

the Shell on Main (and maybe the Shell on Broadway too) is pre-pay only, even if you are using a credit card (wtf?).  huge pain in the ass. 

what kills me is when there are not only lines for the pumps at the 44/Main QT, but lines backed up into the streets from people trying to get in. 

QT could build a location on that huge empty lot just to the south, with 80 pumps, and it would probably still be packed.  people are just really, really into QT here.  i've had people who moved to KC from out of town say things to me like, "wow, what's with QuikTrip?  People are obsessed with it here?" 

(Q TO THE MOTHAFUCKIN T)
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

I'll pass up an empty gas station for a crowded QT 9/10 times for 2 reasons:

1. I love QT food. Seriously, its as good or better than 75% of bodega/deli/gas station food in America.

2. The employees straight kick ass. Efficient, shit is clean, change is usually ready about the time you have your bills out and they are as polite as any group I've ever experienced in the service industry.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

chingon wrote: I'll pass up an empty gas station for a crowded QT 9/10 times for 2 reasons:

1. I love QT food. Seriously, its as good or better than 75% of bodega/deli/gas station food in America.

2. The employees straight kick ass. Efficient, shit is clean, change is usually ready about the time you have your bills out and they are as polite as any group I've ever experienced in the service industry.
QFT. QT Kitchens aren't going to win a James Beard award any time soon, but everything from their cold sandwiches to their take-and-bake dinners are a significant step up from Landshire's crap or (shudder) Da Bomb.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

chrizow wrote: the Shell on Main (and maybe the Shell on Broadway too) is pre-pay only, even if you are using a credit card (wtf?).  huge pain in the ass. 

what kills me is when there are not only lines for the pumps at the 44/Main QT, but lines backed up into the streets from people trying to get in. 

QT could build a location on that huge empty lot just to the south, with 80 pumps, and it would probably still be packed.  people are just really, really into QT here.  i've had people who moved to KC from out of town say things to me like, "wow, what's with QuikTrip?  People are obsessed with it here?" 

(Q TO THE MOTHAFUCKIN T)
There is a chain called Kwik Trip up north in Wisconsin and Minnesota and they are well oiled machines as well with great food, good coffee and fast service, wonder who stole eachothers idea?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

brewcrew1000 wrote: There is a chain called Kwik Trip up north in Wisconsin and Minnesota and they are well oiled machines as well with great food, good coffee and fast service, wonder who stole eachothers idea?
First QT = 1958
First KT = 1965

KT goes by the name Kwik Star in markets where QT exists out of deference to the existing brand.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

i see the point re: Quicktrip service, it's awesome.  But, at that particular location the act of getting in and out of the lot at any remotely "prime" time is just totally not worth it.  Usually, I'm just getting gas, and I want to pull in, swipe card, fill up, pull out.  The BP on Broadway is generally my stop, and BP also carries 93 octane premium, a nice plus.

now, I'm not anti-QT by any stretch, I find most locations to be fine and totally enjoy their off-brand gatorade/energy drinks (rooster boost), dollar hotdogs and the fact they carry the Sunday New York Times.  Just pointing out this strange, misplaced obsession, which I see illustrated to a degree worth comment at the 44/main location, what with other non-clusterfuck gas stations and even Costco so very nearby.
are we spinning free?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Qt is prepay too.

Love qt food.

chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

KCPowercat wrote: Qt is prepay too.
Not with credit cards.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Huh?  You have to swipe your card in the pump before you can pump, right?

Actual it's a city ordinance:
http://www.atlantagasprices.com/Forum_M ... no=1&FAV=N

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Quik Trip would be less popular if we had Kum & Go convenience stores. :D

http://www.kumandgo.com/

There is no fifth destination.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

KCPowercat wrote: Huh?  You have to swipe your card in the pump before you can pump, right?

Actual it's a city ordinance:
http://www.atlantagasprices.com/Forum_M ... no=1&FAV=N
well, yes, you swipe the card at the pump before you can fill up at QT. 

what i am saying is that, at Shell, even if you are going to use a credit card, you have to walk into the store, wait in line, and tell the guy you want X amount on your pump, and then give him your card.  it's really weird.