Revitalize Downtown KCK

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Revitalize Downtown KCK

Post by KCK »

QueSi2Opie wrote:
DeadManWalking wrote:Have you been to Parallel or Quindaro or Central before 18th street recently? Huge amounts of burnt down houses that the government won't tear down. Empty lots with no plans of placing anything on them ever. Old churches with boards over their windows. Virtually no businesses. By downtown KCK I mean primarily the most dense population of the city located before I 635. Here KCK resembles troost, or prospect.
Aye, I have an associate that lives off Brown and have taken Fairfax to Quindaro many times to get to his pad. At least the Nation of Islam has invested in some of the area with "Your Food Market", "Your Gas Station", "Your Community Center", etc.
Gas Station and grocery store are gone. I dont know about the community center.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Revitalize Downtown KCK

Post by phxcat »

Check this out

http://unitednationofislam.com/

I had seen those stores, but hadn't heard much about them- I just knew about the Nation of Islam and the significance of the "your"- but looking at this website, I am surprised not to have heard more. These guys have vision for KCK. Can anyone who lives there take a look around and try to get an update?
The Summit
Pad site
Pad site

Revitalize Downtown KCK

Post by The Summit »

I did notice there are some nice homes sitting up on the bluffs overlooking the westbottoms when entering kck from kc,(I can think of better places to put a home for a view), but for KCK they looked rather nice and sort of out of place. Are these new and are they HUD homes that can be purchased for a fraction of what they cost to build?
KCforumer

Revitalize Downtown KCK

Post by KCforumer »

They aren't HUD homes. They're market rate. I heard that was quite a successful development, especially for urban KCK. Maybe somebody else could tell us more about it. I think it the subdivision is called Pala Vista. And it has been there for years, as far back as I can remember, and I am 17.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Revitalize Downtown KCK

Post by bahua »

Downtown KCK doesn't need to burned or flooded. Considering it's on high ground, that'd be a hell of a flood, though!

KCK needs some good old-fashioned economic renewal. Just put me in charge. We'll embarrass KCMO into following suit.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Revitalize Downtown KCK

Post by phxcat »

Move over there, Bahua! Run for mayor! Unless you will split the vote too much with DMW!
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Revitalize Downtown KCK

Post by KCK »

bahua wrote:Downtown KCK doesn't need to burned or flooded. Considering it's on high ground, that'd be a hell of a flood, though!

KCK needs some good old-fashioned economic renewal. Just put me in charge. We'll embarrass KCMO into following suit.
You can't be put in charge, because thats my job. Ill make you city planner though.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!