Anybody go to the KCK Library?

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

I was checking out the web site for the KCK Library and it seems like they have a lot of cool stuff going on. Here's a sample...
14TH ANNUAL BAD FILM FEST
Join us as we once again present the worst films that we can find. You'll wonder who made these stinkers and why anyone would ever spend money on them! More details will be available soon.
Every Tuesday in November
6:00 pm

ART DISPLAY - PHOTOGRAPHY BY JIM SWANSON
A veterinarian by trade, Jim Swanson has been interested in photography from age 8 when he received his first Kodak Instamatic Camera. He has won local, state and national awards for his photography.
November 24th through January 5, 2004

HOLIDAY HISTORIES
Take a break from the holiday madness and learn more about the many holidays celebrated during the winter months. You'll hear about the histories and traditions of Hannukah, Ramadan, the Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa, Loy Krathong and other.
Wednesday, December 10th
6:30 pm
I guess I just wasn't expecting to see the KCK Library have a variety of things going on...I almost want to go to some of their events. I thought because they were in KCK they wouldn't have anything other than a few books and soem dusty shelves (False stereotypes!!!!). They seem like an awesome resource for this community.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

trailerkid, Im glad that you actually took the time to look, so many people pass off everything in KCK as bad. If anyone actually does visit the KCK library, know that West Branch is the biggest library in KCK, having even more books than the main library. Its located in the clean safe suburban neighborhood between State Ave. and Parallel Pkwy. on 86th Street, so don't worry about having to travel to the hood. They have a much better video and DVD collection than the Olathe Library in my experience, and it truly is one of the better things in KCK. Here is a pic.

New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!