CVS Pharmacy

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

CVS Pharmacy

Post by mgsports »

http://www.theolathenews.com/101/story/304851.html Just maybe another Competitor for Wal-mart and Price Choppers Pharmacies. If there's other Commercial to that would be good.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: CVS Pharmacy

Post by justin8216 »

In addition to the relocated store in Olathe, I also hear CVS is planning a new store at 41st and Rainbow Blvd in KC, KS. That is the site of the former QuikTrip.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

mgsports wrote: http://www.theolathenews.com/101/story/304851.html Just maybe another Competitor for Wal-mart and Price Choppers Pharmacies. If there's other Commercial to that would be good.
I don't think that Price Chopper has a pharmcy cause the CVS is presently located directly next to it in the same shopping center.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

justin8216 wrote: I don't think that Price Chopper has a pharmcy cause the CVS is presently located directly next to it in the same shopping center.
yeah, cause god knows pharmacies never open across from one another, or near one another.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

No kidding... reminds me of the Home Depot we've got directly across the street from the Lowes up here (how did America get by before the proliferation of Home Depots, Lowes, Menards, etc??)
kanasalumn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kanasalumn »

eomaha.com wrote: No kidding... reminds me of the Home Depot we've got directly across the street from the Lowes up here (how did America get by before the proliferation of Home Depots, Lowes, Menards, etc??)
it is called lumber yards.  I know there is one lumber yard in Lenexa
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

They are  building another new Walgreens at 75th and Quivira.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Yes all big chain Grocery Stores like Winn Dixie, Wal-mart Neighborhood Market,Dillion's, Albertson's, Hy-vee, Publix and so on have a Pharmacy so why wouldn't that Price Chopper to?
Osage Beach has Lowe's close to Home Depot and Mernard's to would have to but is on hold at the moment and so does Altamonte Springs,FL.
Last edited by mgsports on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

mgsports wrote: Yes all big chain Grocery Stores like Price Chopper, Albertson's, Hy-vee, Publix and so on have a Pharmacy so why wouldn't that Price Chopper to?
Osage Beach has Lowe's close to Home Depot and Mernard's to would have to but is on hold at the moment and so does Altamonte Springs,FL.
First of all, Price Chopper is not a BIG national chain, most Price Choppers are single ownership family run stores who share a common name for marketing purposes.

Second reason is that grocery stores having their own Pharmacy is a relatively recent development. Kansas City's oldest grocery anchored strip malls, those built through the late 70's had a grocery store, (usually safeway) with a chain drugstore (usually Revco or Treasury next door to it. So obviously it would NOT make since for a grocery next door to a pharmacy to have their own pharmacy and it still would not make sense to this day. In fact their lease most likely specfically precludes it.

This price chopper in Olathe as well as the one at 78th and state are in 70's era shopping centers. They are both former Treasury Drugs next door to the grocery although at 78th and state Price Chopper the former Treasury drug has since been closed since CVS aquired a nicer store down the street from Osco and now CVS is looking at relocating this former Treasury Drug to a stand alone building, so perhaps this price chopper will try and install their own pharmacy although I can't see that it would really be worth it for them to do so.
Last edited by justin8216 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
slimwhitman
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by slimwhitman »

I really wish we had a pharmacy at all 4 corners of every major intersection.  That way I would never have to make a left hand turn in my old age.  Of course, all must have drive thru's so I never need to leave my car.  Walking is for poor people.....actually.....breathing un-climate-controlled air is for poor people, and I am above that.