Olathe and 3 closed Italian eateries

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Olathe and 3 closed Italian eateries

Post by justin8216 »

well they already have a vacant carrinos and gambucci's and now they have a vaccant carrabas. What gives? This area is quickly headed south and yet it doesn't stop the national chains from building more buildings that they will close in 1 to 2 years.

The Mexican resturaunt on strang line has been for sale for almost 5 years. The gambucci's building for 10. Vaccant rhodes furniture and a half occupied "destination" center adjacent to the destined to close bass pro.

Olathe better act fast before this turns into bannister.
Last edited by justin8216 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Olathe and 3 closed italian restursunts

Post by KansasCityCraka »

The Mexican resturant has only been for sale for 3 years and Gambuccis 2.5. Rhodes was suppose to be occupied by a grocery store but then they built across the hwy and Hyvee went in over there. Carrabas and Carrinos were both over priced. Why go to a place where you get little food for twice as much when you can go to Zios and pay a lot less.

Carrinos and Carrabas only lasted 4 months a piece.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

Olathe = Blight
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

I just like how it is quickly headed south b/c 3 italian resturants closed.  :lol: Maybe that just means people in Olathe don't like italian food as much.

It is also hard to make a good argument when you can't spell a 3rd grade word correctly, especially when it is the title.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

KansasCityCraka wrote: I just like how it is quickly headed south b/c 3 italian resturants closed.  :lol: Maybe that just means people in Olathe don't like italian food as much.

It is also hard to make a good argument when you can't spell a 3rd grade word correctly, especially when it is the title.

well it was after 3 AM, so I will say justin was hammered. :lol:
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

I'm still confused about Carrino's closing.  I used to work down there and everytime I drove by it looked crowded and people were outside waiting.  The couple of times I actually ate there, there seemed to be a full house.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Angel wrote: I'm still confused about Carrino's closing.  I used to work down there and everytime I drove by it looked crowded and people were outside waiting.  The couple of times I actually ate there, there seemed to be a full house.
I live 2 blocks away, it was packed for the first month or so and then once a lot of people tried it once not many went back. In the last month of it being open I would say it had about 5-8 cars there for diner every night(I don't know how many were workers either).
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

[quote="KansasCityCraka"]
The Mexican resturant has only been for sale for 3 years and Gambuccis 2.5. Rhodes was suppose to be occupied by a grocery store but then they built across the hwy and Hyvee went in over there.[\quote]

Whatever. The point is they have both been vacant for years and likely will be vacant for years to come if the city of olathe doesn't act.
AF
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Olathe and 3 closed Italian eateries

Post by AF »

Its just a matter of finding the right tenant. The spot where Oklahoma Joes is at went through several including a Jazz before it succeeded. 
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

schugg wrote: well it was after 3 AM, so I will say justin was hammered. :lol:
Ha ha. Actually I feel asleep on the couch and woke up at 3. As for the MIS spelled word, you try doing a significant amount of typing on an IPOD Touch and you will quickly understand why one misspelled word is the least of my worries LOL
Angel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Angel »

KansasCityCraka wrote: I live 2 blocks away, it was packed for the first month or so and then once a lot of people tried it once not many went back. In the last month of it being open I would say it had about 5-8 cars there for diner every night(I don't know how many were workers either).
Makes sense.  My job moved before it closed so I only really saw it after it opened.  I wasn't extremely impressed with the food, but when I was out with clients with kids, they always wanted to eat there.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KansasCityCraka wrote: I just like how it is quickly headed south b/c 3 italian resturants closed.  :lol: Maybe that just means people in Olathe don't like italian food as much.

i very rarely if ever will defend mr. justin, however, if your best comeback is to knock spelling, that is sad.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

kcdcchef wrote: i very rarely if ever will defend mr. justin, however, if your best comeback is to knock spelling, that is sad.
the funny thing is..  in cracka's response to making fun of Justin for spelling "restaurant" wrong..  he spells it wrong.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Funny thing.  Just like other businesses restaurants close for many reasons.  Poor management.  Bad chef that takes over the kitchen.  Owners' money problems.  Nearby competition.  Higher lease costs.  Owner partnership that breaks up. 
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

MidWestSider wrote: the funny thing is..  in cracka's response to making fun of Justin for spelling "restaurant" wrong..  he spells it wrong.
I knew there was a reason for me not mentioning someones elses spelling for awhile.  :x
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

Mccallisters is next.  They close early every night.  They have good food and good location.  Must be over saturated.
kanasalumn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kanasalumn »

I saw that Fuddruckers closed too
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

kanasalumn wrote: I saw that Fuddruckers closed too
The city closed fuddruckers b/c it never met health codes.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

How is it that a brand new rest. could never meet health code? That sounds bizzare.

I ate at fudruckers on metcalf Saturday.  Judging from the condition of the inside I'm surprised that one doesn't get shut down.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

justin8216 wrote: How is it that a brand new rest. could never meet health code? That sounds bizzare.

I ate at fudruckers on metcalf Saturday.  Judging from the condition of the inside I'm surprised that one doesn't get shut down.

They were putting toxic chemicals by food product with no cover of the products. The city checked them 3 times and they never changed it.