Oz in Downtown KCK?

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Oz in Downtown KCK?

Post by KCK »

Ok this has got to stop. People are laughing at us, and I hate that. They think we are a bunch of countrified morons and this story only proves that point. Lets end this now. I'll get my shotgun, go over to this guys house and demand he stop making such stupid suggestions or I kill him.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Oz in Downtown KCK?

Post by KCPowercat »

violence for making fun of a city? Come on dude.

Somebody needs to let the STL boys know we already have something taller than the arch and it's not the MO side that has the arch envy...we're not proposing something so stupid.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Oz in Downtown KCK?

Post by trailerkid »

The twister guy and his project manager were on KC Week in Review. The guy is a bit off...you can tell, but he means well. He just doesn't understand a giant twister is really tacky and does not belong in a city. He would fit in better in Junction City, KS. It was funny when host Nick Haines described the model as some twisted up wire spraypainted silver. Nick Haines also commented on how the twister monument gained more national KC press than any of the other more "controversial" stories that happened last week (kidnapping, KCTV5 investigation, Stowers 2nd, etc.)

Twister guy:
--Marinovich and Barnes are both looking for gateways to attract and greet visitors to the city.
--Twister monument will have a "4 star restaurant" at the top and another restaurant at the midpoint.
--Currently they are in the design and site selection process.
--Wy Co is "helping" in the site selection.
--Want to start construction in the spring and open in the Summer :shock:
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Oz in Downtown KCK?

Post by KCK »

Please tell me no one buys into this. That is the ugliest thing Ive ever seen. You think people make fun of us now, just imagine if he put that thing up.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

Oz in Downtown KCK?

Post by TheDude »

someone needs to put down the pipe and stop dressin' like judy garland. this is the craziest idea i have ever heard; my idea is a "statue of liberty" kind of monument of the Tin Man. Now that shit would rock!! Especially if you could make him walk like a robot. You could sell rides to out of town vistors and he could walk you thru wydot in total safety. His oil can could be filled with candy and he could pour it out on groups of kids, kind of like a pinyatta? OR, his can could be filled with cold water that he could pour on kids during the hot summer since wydot has only 1 pool. just an idea.
"ALWAYS be closing"
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Oz in Downtown KCK?

Post by trailerkid »

Bump to this blast from the past...this loon even got on KC Week In Review...
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Oz in Downtown KCK?

Post by Maitre D »

DeadManWalking wrote:Ok this has got to stop. People are laughing at us, and I hate that. They think we are a bunch of countrified morons and this story only proves that point. Lets end this now. I'll get my shotgun, go over to this guys house and demand he stop making such stupid suggestions or I kill him.
AHAHHAHAAH!

Seriously, that's the funniest post i've ever read on a forum.... =D>
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
Deleted User

Oz in Downtown KCK?

Post by Deleted User »

Last edited by Deleted User on Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: Oz in Downtown KCK?

Post by shinatoo »

I just got this off of BIDCLERK.

Project Name: Tornado Landmark Tower

Type: New Construction

Building Use: Restaurant, Retail, Education, Other, Museum

Reported: 10/13/05

Project Address: 110th Street, Edwardsville Ks 66109

Basic recap: Mixed use development in Edwardsville with a 1000' spiral shaped tower resembling a tornado. Observation deck at 650 feet and a rotating restruant. 100,000 sq ft base, weather and education related with museum and retail.

Construction starts spring of 06.
Ez Street
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Ez Street »

:shock:
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

The promoter of this is no longer pursuing downtown Kansas City, KS after a Luke-warm reception there. He is now pitching it to Bonner Springs, KS. The response there so far? Luke-warm