Great Wolf Lodge

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Great Wolf Lodge

Post by StL_Dan »

Has anyone visited this KCK attraction yet?

http://kc.greatwolflodge.com/directions.asp?bhcp=1

The wifey wants to go there with with me and the kids for a quick getaway before the schoolyear starts.

Do any of you have a review?

Thanks.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Great Wolf Lodge

Post by Good2Great »

I've heard it's fun, but somewhat expensive. I think a room and passes to the waterpark are somewhere between $180-250.
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Great Wolf Lodge

Post by StL_Dan »

Good2Great wrote:I've heard it's fun, but somewhat expensive. I think a room and passes to the waterpark are somewhere between $180-250.
Right now, the Lodge is offering an overnight family stay room rate for $179.

I did further checking on the website to determine if this includes passes to the waterpark. Short of making a phone call, I'm assuming it does.

If that price does include waterpark passes, the cost makes a little more sense.

Time to make the phone call.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Great Wolf Lodge

Post by KC0KEK »

I haven't been there, but from the descriptions in newspaper articles, the water stuff doesn't sound too different from a lot of what you already can get at Oceans of Fun (e.g., 10,000-gallon water bucket) for a lot less. I guess it depends on how much you'd be willing to pay for a nice hotel room at a Hyatt or Sheraton. If you're already planning to shell out $150 or so for a suite, then maybe the extra $30 or so for the water park (rolled into your room price) doesn't sound too steep.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Great Wolf Lodge

Post by StL_Dan »

KC0KEK wrote:I haven't been there, but from the descriptions in newspaper articles, the water stuff doesn't sound too different from a lot of what you already can get at Oceans of Fun (e.g., 10,000-gallon water bucket) for a lot less. I guess it depends on how much you'd be willing to pay for a nice hotel room at a Hyatt or Sheraton. If you're already planning to shell out $150 or so for a suite, then maybe the extra $30 or so for the water park (rolled into your room price) doesn't sound too steep.
That's kinda what I was thinking, KC0KEK.

First....a ticket to Oceans of Fun are what, $30 per person?

$30 x 4 would be $120, leaving the room cost at $59.

Looking at it that way seems to make it a decent deal assuming the water park is any good.

Our main objective is just to get away for an overnight stay locally....mainly for the kids....at a nice hotel that offers more than just an indoor pool.

This seems like a great opportunity.