New Auto Mall around Barry Rd.

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Don't know how many have seen this but there is a new auto mall going up between Barry Rd. and Tiffany Springs Parkway on I-29.

So far I've seen a Toyota, Nissan, & Saturn dealership.

I have also seen construction signs for Lexus and Volvo and there are about 2-3 more lots open for other dealerships...wonder what else might be coming?

I would like to see a BMW and a Honda.....that way I can get my car fixed and go test drive BMW's & Lexus on my lunch hour ;)
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCgridlock

Post by KCgridlock »

Haven't been up that way in a while, hmm.

How's Zona Rosa looking?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

earth moving like you wouldn't believe.....

DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

I work juuuuuuuuuust northeast of the auto mall...it's amazing how much the area's changed in the 4 years I've worked here. They've built the Ruby Tuesday's, Wendy's, & now the auto mall. It's gonna be real interesting to see what happens in the next few years.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I work up there on Tiffany Springs too...I think the Wendy's people know my name. :)

DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

LOL...that Wendy's is usually so empty that you can get your food in like, 2 minutes.

Where do you work, KC? I'm at BDS at the end of the dead end street just north of Wendy's. You can email me at kcscottyp@webtv.net if you don't wanna divulge your workplace on the BB.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

While the auto malls add some degree of "happenings" in the Northland they do very little for the local economy. Dealerships typically have very few jobs and the sales tax goes to the municipality where the buyer resides! If a Grandview resident buys a car in Platte COuty, he/she pays those taxes to Grandview and Cass COunty.

The Economic impact is marginal.
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
KCgridlock

Post by KCgridlock »

Good2Great wrote:While the auto malls add some degree of "happenings" in the Northland they do very little for the local economy. Dealerships typically have very few jobs and the sales tax goes to the municipality where the buyer resides! If a Grandview resident buys a car in Platte COuty, he/she pays those taxes to Grandview and Cass COunty.

The Economic impact is marginal.
So what's your point? :)
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

The point is...you'll be able to buy a Lexus in the Northland. As Jo Co and Sprint cool down, It'll be nice to see the Northland gain some steam.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

The point is that auto malls basically just yuk up the landscape without much of a community benefit. A necessarry evil???
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Speakin' of "EVIL"...those who buy SUVs support TERRORISM :evil: Jus' smoke homegrown marijuana and take the bus :twisted:
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCgridlock

Post by KCgridlock »

I own an SUV and love it. Owned one when I lived in the city and will own one probably when I move back to urban KC or Denver.

Although I also use it for what it's for, pulling trailers, hauling a family, many bikes etc, going off road etc etc. It's see's far far more than I-435 like most SUV's.

I also use public trasit often and ride my bike often too.

QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

You drive an SUV...I live in JOCO...seems we both have defects.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCgridlock

Post by KCgridlock »

QueSi2Opie wrote:You drive an SUV...I live in JOCO...seems we both have defects.
True.