Weird observations on Boardwalk

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Not the kind of place I'd like to go, but hey -- I don't have to! Let the sales tax dollars roll on in.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

trailerkid wrote:Well...I was wrong. RED looks like they do have their stuff together. I'm actually pretty impressed by how this place is looking. Yes, it's gaudy and contrived, but that's what suburban shopping centers are supposed to be. It looks 150% better than Town Center already. It looks like the Northland's buying power is finally getting nationally recognized. Let's roll Northland!!!
How the hell does that look better than Town Center? They both look like $hit! At least Town Center is surrounded by modern art.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Uhh well...it looks better because it has landscaping.

Modern art...if you mean the ugly suburban sprawl of Jo Co...I think that's post-modern art.
KCgridlock

Post by KCgridlock »

trailerkid wrote:Uhh well...it looks better because it has landscaping.

Modern art...if you mean the ugly suburban sprawl of Jo Co...I think that's post-modern art.
That's what I was thinking, modern art, WHERE?
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCgridlock wrote:That's what I was thinking, modern art, WHERE?
Drive around Town Center sometime and check out the modern sculpture art. It's about the only thing to appreciate around these types of centers.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

It's coming to life with Planet Sub, J.Jill, Talbots, Borders, Coldwater Creek, Chipotle and Jos. A Banks all opeining by August 2.

I dropped 10 C-Notes in Jos A Banks this week to make sure they got off to a good start. In exchange they gave me my clothes and a peppermint. That's the Northland hospitality we've all come to expect!
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.