Galyan's at Zona??

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by trailerkid »

I was just looking through that model of Zona Rosa and it looks great!!! I wouldn't at all call it "new urbanism" though. It looks more like smallville or Mass. St. in Lawrence. Definitely not urban.

Anyways, looking towards the back of the model, there's a red building with a curved arch with the name of the store in the middle of the arch. This very much resembles the design of a Galyan's store. This store set off to the side of the rest of the development and looks just like a regular Galyan's store. Am i reading too much into this?
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by Good2Great »

Ding ding ding. Take your pick of any plush toy!

It's my understanding that such a "sports retailer" will likely come on board in a later phase (2005?).
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by KCPowercat »

That's what I always heard and that model confirms it...but then again didn't they say they had landed "Dick's" as a tenant?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by Good2Great »

There's somehting of a tug of war over "Dick's" between Zona and the Boardwalk.
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by KCPowercat »

Dick wars....is that similiar to cock blocking?

It seems those 2 are fighting over every client...I would hope that Steiner could pull in some tenants new to the KC metro....
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by trailerkid »

LOL!!!! The sexual innuendos are too countless to name.

Dick's really isn't even in the same league as Galyan's. Dick's carries the same clout as landing a Sears. Galyan's is much more selective. RED's Boardwalk is really getting on my nerves. First, they said it was a "lifestyle center" and then they start getting scared about Zona and start signing leases with Dick's, Borders, and Ann Taylor Loft??? If Zona ends up looking like the model...they'll trounce tiny Boardwalk.

I just want to see the Northland gain some much-deserved retail clout...Galyan's, Nordstrom, maybe Virgin.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by Good2Great »

I'd consider Dicks to be an average Joe's store while Galyan's definitely caters to the JoCo posers.

SECRET: There are no freaking mountains to climb in JoCo...so why are Mitch and Buffy buying 200lb backpacks and snowshoes?

"Honey, come here! I found a fur cover for my basketball!"
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by trailerkid »

I know what you mean. There's a ton of kids at KU that dress like they're going to scale a mountain or go hiking when they're really from STL or OP. I guess it's called "outdorsman chic."
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

You obviously have not been to KU in sometime....Urban Outfitter's and anything vintage clothing is the look on campus and most urban cities...not outdoorsman as you state.
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by trailerkid »

Getting REALLY off-topic: Actually I go to KU now. Believe it or not, but there's a wide variety of styles happening on campus. Sure there's the hipster Urban Outfitter types, but a lot of other kids dress like they're from the Rockies sporting outdoor brands like Patagonia, Marmot and Lowe Alpine when the closest they get to wilderness is the 435 during rush hour.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Galyan's at Zona??

Post by QueSi2Opie »

DICKS AT ZONA ROSA?!?! What are they building up there? Another cheap ass Merriam Center? BTW, I wear hiking gear when I go hiking/biking in Kansas or Missouri...but I don't need an SUV to drive up the rugged Kansas mountains.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.