OFFICIAL: Zona Rosa (tenants & phase II)

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: OFFICIAL: Zona Rosa (tenants & phase II)

Post by NorthlandGuy »

Listed on Zona Rosa Website:
New Store: Tiffany And
They used to be at Antioch Mall, and than the moved down Antioch to 64th street, now they must be moving to Zona Rosa.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

What's up with tower thingey that they are putting up near the entrance?  It looks as flimsy and them park-like as the rest of the place.  The Plaza may be fake, but compared to Zona Rosa it has gravitas.
Wathman
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Wathman »

I guess they figured Staples and the AT&T store had too much convenient parking, so they needed to put in a tower. :roll:
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

moderne wrote: What's up with tower thingey that they are putting up near the entrance?  It looks as flimsy and them park-like as the rest of the place.  The Plaza may be fake, but compared to Zona Rosa it has gravitas.
Have you ever been to Legends or any other non-Steiner/RED/General Growth outdoor mall? Steiner is good at what they do...clean, colorful, mixed use, suburban town centers. KC is lucky to have Steiner.

I wouldn't have a problem with Steiner working on a development in the urban core.
drramos101
Pad site
Pad site

Post by drramos101 »

Reb Robin and Nature's Table are no longer coming to Zona Rosa. Rumor has it that Stone Canyon Pizza might be in negotiations somewhere in the shopping center along with Verizon Wireless. I walked inside the space where Red Robin was going in and where the old Rib Crib was and it is completely gutted and made into one large space. " Funny Bone " is spray painted on the side of what looked to be a tool drawer or something and there was a floorplan lying on the ground that showed theater seating and a stage. I think Improv is getting the boot and Funny Bone is moving in, but in a completely new space.
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

I read about Red Robin in the Star. How did you hear about Nature's Table not coming?
drramos101
Pad site
Pad site

Post by drramos101 »

Zona Rosa, Interstate 29 and Barry Road, will soon be home to two new entertainment offerings.

Studio Movie Grill, based in Dallas, will open a new upscale, eight-screen, ?movie grill? concept.

It will feature first-run movies with 100-percent digital projection, Dolby Digital Surround Sound and Dolby Digital 3D, leather recliners, bar area, and event spaces.

Ticket prices range from $6 to $9. The menu includes burgers, pizza, desserts and wine.

The 35,000-square-foot complex will take over a whole block at Zona Rosa, including the current Kansas City Improv space, and former Majestic Theatre and Ted?s Montana Grill spaces.

Construction will start this summer for a second quarter 2010 opening.

For more information, visit: www.studiomoviegrill.com.

Meanwhile, Kansas City Improv will continue to operate at its current home until November, then close to relocate down the block to the former Rib Crib restaurant location and a previously unoccupied space.

It will partner with Fat Fish Blue, a New Orleans-style restaurant and live Blues music concept out of Ohio, for a 14,000-square-foot restaurant and club tentatively called Fat Fish Blue Home of the Improv.

The operation, which is scheduled to open in early 2010, will serve lunch and dinner, including such specialties as jambalaya, gumbo, barbeque shrimp, pecan chicken, peanut butter pie and Dixie beer. It also will have a patio.

Fat Fish Blue, Cleveland, Ohio, is noted for bringing in top jazz and blues artists from around the country.

For more information, visit: www.fatfishblue.com

The three-screen Majestic Theatre and Kansas City Improv opened in 2005.

The movie theater portion closed in May 2008 but Kansas City Improv has continued to operate in the building.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

:shock:

This sounds awesome...especially the part about having touring blues/jazz acts.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Very cool, scared me for a bit.  Thought Improv was closing.  We really enjoy that place.

I wonder how many of these types of places KC can support though.  Zona Rosa, Downtown and Olathe?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote: Very cool, scared me for a bit.  Thought Improv was closing.  We really enjoy that place.

I wonder how many of these types of places KC can support though.  Zona Rosa, Downtown and Olathe?
Dallas has 5 of these grill concepts. Judging from the reviews on yelp it doesn't sound like they're on the same level as amc's concept.

It seems the day of the generic, big box multiplex is over. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw boutique cinemas in east Jack, ward parkway, leawood, lees summit in the coming years. I think adults will splurge a little to avoid experiences like amc 20.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

trailerkid wrote: Dallas has 5 of these grill concepts. Judging from the reviews on yelp it doesn't sound like they're on the same level as amc's concept.

It seems the day of the generic, big box multiplex is over. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw boutique cinemas in east Jack, ward parkway, leawood, lees summit in the coming years. I think adults will splurge a little to avoid experiences like amc 20.
totally agree with you on boutique theaters. I would def pay more to avoid 20 theatertropolises.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

NorthlandGuy wrote: I read about Red Robin in the Star. How did you hear about Nature's Table not coming?
The Nature's Table signs are still up near Dillard's.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

SMG also going into Mission Gateway.  I really like their (SMG's) concept.  A little more than popcorn & a coke.

http://www.studiomoviegrill.com
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

Here are a few more stores listed as coming soon on the ZR website:

LA-De-Da - Same store that is a Tuileries Plaza. Women's fashions.
Decori - Holiday Store currenlty in Parkville.
Constant Cravings - Coffee, smoothies, fudge. (Connected to Decori)
Skin Deep Aesthetics - Skin treatment: Botox (Welcome all the Johnson county ladies!)
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

NorthlandGuy wrote: Here are a few more stores listed as coming soon on the ZR website:

LA-De-Da - Same store that is a Tuileries Plaza. Women's fashions.
Decori - Holiday Store currenlty in Parkville.
Constant Cravings - Coffee, smoothies, fudge. (Connected to Decori)
Skin Deep Aesthetics - Skin treatment: Botox (Welcome all the Johnson county ladies!)
desperate.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Yes, everything everywhere sucks!!!  :lol:
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

Does Zona Rosa have a Starbucks or Scooters??
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

geeman68 wrote: Does Zona Rosa have a Starbucks or Scooters??
No, but they do have a Latte Land. There is a Starbucks on the east side of I-29 about 5 blocks from ZR.
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

And of course Barnes and Noble serves Starbucks coffee. The Latteland is actually not a 'Latteland' anymore. Its still called that, but has different owner and a new menu. The door and menu have a different name...but I can't remember it.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

geeman68 wrote: Does Zona Rosa have a Starbucks or Scooters??
Inside Barnes & Noble
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.