OFFICIAL: Zona Rosa (tenants & phase II)

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: OFFICIAL: Zona Rosa (tenants & phase II)

Post by trailerkid »

so what in the world does Zona Rosa do now with this building? I could see it being successful if they turned it over to Screenland or Fine Arts.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

a Fork and Dine Movie Theater or ones plays older Movies.
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

trailerkid wrote: so what in the world does Zona Rosa do now with this building? I could see it being successful if they turned it over to Screenland or Fine Arts.
Great idea.  The Northland has a growing, affluent, well-educated population with no art film houses to serve it. 

If that cinema were to devote a couple screens to art/foreign films, I could see it finding its niche.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

MoMan wrote: Great idea.  The Northland has a growing, affluent, well-educated population with no art film houses to serve it. 

If that cinema were to devote a couple screens to art/foreign films, I could see it finding its niche.
Exactly. It's also going to attract the type of shoppers Zona Rosa wants opposed to people seeing Avatar or Transformers 4.
Stockton
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Stockton »

Anybody else noticed Abercrombie closed? What's up with that?

I noticed they closed their Town Center Plaza store as well. And of course the Plaza store. Now there are only 2 left, Oak Park and Independence Center.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Stockton wrote: Anybody else noticed Abercrombie closed? What's up with that?

I noticed they closed their Town Center Plaza store as well. And of course the Plaza store. Now there are only 2 left, Oak Park and Independence Center.
Abercrombie & Fitch Shuttering 110 Stores
The Ohio-based apparel retailer said in an SEC filing last week that its would be shuttering 60 locations by the end of the year, with the remaining 50 stores closing in 2011. The majority of these stores will be closed following natural lease expirations, Abercrombie said. However, buyouts and other closures prior to lease expirations are also expected.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Stockton wrote: Anybody else noticed Abercrombie closed? What's up with that?

it closed some months ago.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Interesting that they closed the Plaza store - that one has been around since there were only a few in the country and they sold picnic sets and pith helmets instead of teenie bopper fashions. 
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Interesting that they closed the Plaza store - that one has been around since there were only a few in the country and they sold picnic sets and pith helmets instead of teenie bopper fashions. 
the Plaza + Town Center stores both had the old plaid store design from the 80s. the Oak Park location is the only store with that design that survived into the present. i could easily see A+F coming back to the Plaza with a flashy, dramatic store like what they have on Fifth Ave in NYC.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

trailerkid wrote: the Plaza + Town Center stores both had the old plaid store design from the 80s. the Oak Park location is the only store with that design that survived into the present. i could easily see A+F coming back to the Plaza with a flashy, dramatic store like what they have on Fifth Ave in NYC.
i'm surprised A+F doesn't jump on the "heritage" americana wagon that has been spearheaded by j.crew, gant, polo, etc. and extolled on websites like A Continuous Lean and The Trad.  land's end, ll bean, and other retailers are following suit - i.e. cashing in on "classic" and timeless american designs.  see also:  501 selvedge denim, the resurgence of redwings, pendleton shirts, and the like.  bring back the pith helmets!
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

chrizow wrote: i'm surprised A+F doesn't jump on the "heritage" americana wagon that has been spearheaded by j.crew, gant, polo, etc. and extolled on websites like A Continuous Lean and The Trad.  land's end, ll bean, and other retailers are following suit - i.e. cashing in on "classic" and timeless american designs.  see also:  501 selvedge denim, the resurgence of redwings, pendleton shirts, and the like.  bring back the pith helmets!
i don't see A+F doing anything that doesn't involve sex.

here is video of their 5th Ave gay nightclub store:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgVdMOWYomI
nw0
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by nw0 »

trailerkid wrote: so what in the world does Zona Rosa do now with this building? I could see it being successful if they turned it over to Screenland or Fine Arts.
I heard amc is interested in something, possibly independent house or something
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

nw0 wrote: I heard amc is interested in something, possibly independent house or something
really? that seems like it wouldn't make any sense. i've hard they were thinking about dropping a Fork n Screen across the street at their Barrywoods complex.
supastudio
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by supastudio »

trailerkid wrote: really? that seems like it wouldn't make any sense. i've hard they were thinking about dropping a Fork n Screen across the street at their Barrywoods complex.
It actually makes perfect sense.  It would be cost effective: kitchen facility, theater that accommodate room for food, wait staff, paging for service, already built. No need to renovate the current AMC theater.  It would satisfy "serious/art house" move goers: don't have to deal with large amounts of kids and teenagers (in the theater anyways), walking distance to "better" restaurants: Hereford House, Swagats, Bravo and to bars.

If they do convert Barrywoods into a fork and screen, I hope they keep it segregated at least.  The main reason I enjoyed studio movie grill was not having to deal with teenagers and annoying movie goers.
"Architecture is to be experienced by moving through it rather than looking at it."
mudjack
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mudjack »

I didn't know that Spencer's was still around. I guess I should go to malls more often.
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

ZR has been busy with new tenants, but...
The Wine Loft, and New Orleans Bistro, and 24 hour diner, are no longer going to happen. And Decori has closed.

However, Spencers, Chocolatirie Stam, and Planet Sub have opened.

Buffalo Wild Wings, and Parmida Home will open next year.

I really wish ZR would land someone from outside MO/KS. Zara, United Colors, H&M...but at least they should have all the Oak Park Mall tenants...BR, J&M, JCrew, etc.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

http://pressreleases.kcstar.com/?q=node/52247
Brow Threading is a new service retailer to open this spring at Zona Rosa featuring the hot trend among men and women for hair removal... The store will be located at 8520 NW Prairie View Rd., between TMobile and Nail En Vogue.

Buddha by Kenji Fusion is an East-Coast restaurant chain specializing in the high energy Teppanyaki cooking style where skilled chefs prepare food and entertain customers seated around a large table... The 5,200-square-foot restaurant is set to open this summer across from Chico?s in the Dillard?s District at 8741 Prairie View Rd.

Crazy 8 is the newest addition to the Gymboree Corporation's family of brands. Crazy 8 offers fashionable outfits at a great value for girls and boys sizes 0 to 14. The 2,200-square-foot-space will be located next to Things Remembered at 7207 NW 86th Terrace.

EyeMasters, which is expected to open this spring, will be located in the Dillard?s District at 8732 N. Dixson Ave.

Subway is the world's largest submarine sandwich chain and is scheduled to open in Zona Rosa this spring at 8642 N. Dixson Ave...

Parmida Home will host a grand opening celebration Saturday, March 5 that will include door prizes, music, gourmet foods and more... The 11,000-square-foot space will be located in the Dixson building at 8732 N. Dixson Ave. in the Dillard?s District.

Buffalo Wild Wings, a new stand-alone building near the entrance of Zona Rosa, is set to open March 21 at 8441 NW Prairie View Rd, just north of CVS Pharmacy.

On A Roll is a quick casual restaurant opening next month in the former Quizno?s location at 8512 NW Prairie View Rd.

...The full service orthodontic practice of Dr. David Christensen will be located next to O?Dowd?s Party Room in the former Zona Yoga location at 7111 NW 86th Street. (Zona Yoga has moved to the Dillard?s District in Zona Rosa.)
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

Eyemaster finally leaving Metro North Mall! Wow.
Now if we can just get Footlocker and Lady Footlocker at Zona Rosa.
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

The Limited and J Jill coming to Zona Rosa. Phase II is finally starting to fill out.

Shops at Boardwalk...will soon be empty. :(