Outlaw Cigars

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Outlaw Cigars

Post by w00lyb00ger »

Was told yesterday that the owner has signed the papers on a building in NKC and will be moving the cigar shop and smoking lounge to an old building somewhere in North Kansas City. Was also informed that there will be a microbrewery inside.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Outlaw Cigars

Post by alejandro46 »

After Hen House closed in the Tremont Shops I think it may take some creativity to determine what could fit in that space. Can see why Outlaw wants to move to NKC. The growth of that bar & entertainment area has been explosive.

There is a gym across 64th st and in Burlington Creek shops, (overload) of grocery stores in the area. Location is fantastic though - especially with relocation of Prairie View Road and new hotel and other restaurants. Might even be worth it to roll the dice and do a main-event type attraction, or just start from scratch and build vertical apartments of some kind. But with The Denton and Altitude 970, I question whether that kind of demand is there.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

They’ve been planning to leave for a couple years now. Evidently whoever they’re leasing the space from won’t fix anything. The AC units haven’t worked for two years.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

No dearth of old buildings in NKC and they may be being more pioneering (like Callsign) with their location, but I wonder if this might finally be a re-use for Denim & Diamonds or possible the old Tapcade spot.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

If I remember correctly I believe 10th Street was mentioned.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

Talked to someone last week that told me this deal had been in the works but fell through.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

So I guess this is a go again. Outlaw posted on their Facebook page that the papers have been signed. In addition to the cigar shop and lounge there will also beca brewery. The address is 309 E. 10th Street in NKC.