Harley Davidson Plant Closing

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Harley Davidson Plant Closing

Post by SWFan »

Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Harley Davidson Plant Closing

Post by Highlander »

Bummer. That's 800 legitimate jobs gone. I've read that motorcycles are falling out of favor with younger folks and I understand most manufacturers are undergoing a large decrease in sales so it doesn't surprise me. It's a pretty new facility, however, and most companies generally keep their newer facilities and shudder their old ones so that does surprise me.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

It's not just "falling out of favor." It's always been kind of a luxury item and as a millennial, I'm lucky to be able to pay for car repairs. Most can't even fight for single unit homes.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Was Harley giving any kind of Tax Incentives to move here in the first place? Wonder if those expired

https://wmoon.wordpress.com/2010/09/13/ ... leave/amp/
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

IIRC the KC plant was the first one outside of Wisconson, so PA would be the newer plant. Wonder what that plant would be suitable for?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

shinatoo wrote:IIRC the KC plant was the first one outside of Wisconson, so PA would be the newer plant. Wonder what that plant would be suitable for?
It would be completely reconfigured, so it’s going to come down to the square feet of contiguous space another use would require and the maximum utlity load. If it’s setup for X amount of power, size of the water main and such could help determine uses