Page 9 of 9

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:25 pm
by alejandro46
New Quiktrip slated for construction at 1401 Armour Road, former home of $100 mil+ fraudulent sweepstakes company "Opportunities Unlimited Productions Inc."

https://www.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 80739.html

https://www.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 81749.html

Image

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:35 pm
by mgsports
http://www.lane4group.com/wp-content/up ... s_sm-6.pdf A lot pending so,hopefully new to area.

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:36 am
by northlander152
Anyone know what’s going in between Texas Road House and Freddy’s over by Main Event? Didn’t see a sign from the highway.

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:48 pm
by Developersanonymous
pretty sure its going to be a TiresPlus location.

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:49 pm
by w00lyb00ger
Another new QT to be built at N.Indiana and 152

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:31 pm
by missingkc
Interesting article in Bizjournal on NKC entertainment district.
With a now-booming entertainment district, North Kansas City businesses have banded together to craft an identity to tell that story and lure more customers from throughout the area.

The initiative to build a branding strategy for the area surrounding Armour Road and Swift Street began about two years ago and continues to gain momentum. Within the next several weeks, the RiverNorth group is slated to receive its official 501(c)(6) business league designation. It aims to brand the entertainment district with the same name.
But by using RiverNorth, the group can begin to brand the area like other distinct districts in Kansas City, such as Westport and the Crossroads Arts District. They want to create sustainability for the district and its local businesses, Gauer said.
Love me some Northtown.

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:00 pm
by brewcrew1000
If I was a young person new to the city Northtowne would be the place I would live. It's close to downtown, easy access to Kansas and there is tons of walkability

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:00 am
by flyingember
brewcrew1000 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:00 pm
If I was a young person new to the city Northtowne would be the place I would live. It's close to downtown, easy access to Kansas and there is tons of walkability
No E. It's just Northtown.

It actually has pretty bad access to Kansas compared to downtown. At least for places people tend to go to.

But it's insanely walkable. It's one of the places I see the tons of people out biking and walking, and it's much lower density than downtown. When the first cycle track goes in it's going to be a biking destination with the river crossing at one end.

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 am
by w00lyb00ger
flyingember wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:00 am
brewcrew1000 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:00 pm
If I was a young person new to the city Northtowne would be the place I would live. It's close to downtown, easy access to Kansas and there is tons of walkability
No E. It's just Northtown.

It actually has pretty bad access to Kansas compared to downtown. At least for places people tend to go to.

But it's insanely walkable. It's one of the places I see the tons of people out biking and walking, and it's much lower density than downtown. When the first cycle track goes in it's going to be a biking destination with the river crossing at one end.
It’s very easy to get to kansas from northtown. The loop is right there. The question to me is why would that matter? I know that I personally have zero interest in going there. I can do anything I’d want or need to do on the Missouri side.

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 am
by taxi
I love Ye Olde Northtowne! They have some great shoppes there, but it's a scary place for a gal in heels with so many homeless about.

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:13 pm
by scooterj
w00lyb00ger wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 am
flyingember wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:00 am
brewcrew1000 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:00 pm
If I was a young person new to the city Northtowne would be the place I would live. It's close to downtown, easy access to Kansas and there is tons of walkability
...

It actually has pretty bad access to Kansas compared to downtown. At least for places people tend to go to.
...
It’s very easy to get to kansas from northtown. The loop is right there. The question to me is why would that matter? I know that I personally have zero interest in going there. I can do anything I’d want or need to do on the Missouri side.
Yeah, in addition to being easy to hop on the loop, there's also quick easy access to both the Fairfax Bridge and I-635 by heading north(west) on 9. (Not that there's anything exciting over there, but Kansas access is not difficult there at all.)

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:27 pm
by brewcrew1000
w00lyb00ger wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 am
flyingember wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:00 am
brewcrew1000 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:00 pm
If I was a young person new to the city Northtowne would be the place I would live. It's close to downtown, easy access to Kansas and there is tons of walkability
No E. It's just Northtown.

It actually has pretty bad access to Kansas compared to downtown. At least for places people tend to go to.

But it's insanely walkable. It's one of the places I see the tons of people out biking and walking, and it's much lower density than downtown. When the first cycle track goes in it's going to be a biking destination with the river crossing at one end.
It’s very easy to get to kansas from northtown. The loop is right there. The question to me is why would that matter? I know that I personally have zero interest in going there. I can do anything I’d want or need to do on the Missouri side.
Because there are a lot of jobs in Kansas if you needed to make that Commute, thats the only reason why i mentioned it

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:57 pm
by mgsports
http://twincreekscenter.com/ Burlington Coat Factory,Half Price Books,Panda Express.

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:33 pm
by flyingember
Stone Canyon Pizza closed in Zona Rosa and is moving to the new downtown Gladstone. Still operating in Parkville.

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:39 pm
by alejandro46
flyingember wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:33 pm
Stone Canyon Pizza closed in Zona Rosa and is moving to the new downtown Gladstone. Still operating in Parkville.
I heard this yesterday too. I wonder what happened, ZR has systematic issues - auto-centric, retail only, soft retail market.

I don't know if just "add more residents" will fix it. They've already built some apartments in there.