Costco

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Costco

Post by SWFan »

We have friends who tell us to join Costco, they love it. But in the Northland there aren't any. We have two Sam's Clubs, and the solid rumor is there will be a third one going up near I-29 and Barry Road.

Any reason there are no Northland Costco's, when Wal-Mart seems to be making a go of it with two and likely three total Sam's Clubs in a few years?

The newest Sam's Club is the one by Liberty and is thus only about a mile from our house. So unlikely we'll opt to join Costco to drive to the midtown location when I could ride my bike or even walk to the Sam's Club nearest us.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Costco

Post by flyingember »

It's more than a solid rumor that there's a third Sams club in the works, there's actual site plans
maison rustique
Pad site
Pad site

Post by maison rustique »

I belong to both Sam's and Costco. I live in Liberty. I almost never go to the new Sam's here--just doesn't seem to have as much as the one on N. Oak. Honestly, I'd rather drive to mid-town to Costco. It's only about 12 miles or so.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

What sets Costco apart is the forever return on most products (except most electronics, which is 90 days like Walmart). It's basically a forever warranty. I bought a Roomba robot vac that is known to be high maintenance, it can break every 6mo to year. Can easily return and get another. Have returned is several times over last several years.

The forever return alone is worth joining. You can also order things online not in stores and return anytime at store if not satisfied.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

And if you care about that sort of thing, the Costco corporate management is the less evil of the two. :D
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

Sounds like if we decide to join a club we'll just bite the bullet and go with Costco and the 22 minute drive to the midtown location.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

jbean3535
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jbean3535 »

mgsports wrote:http://www.linecreekloudmouth.com/blog/ ... ostco.html Dave and Busters type coming.

I'm going to put my money on the "Dave & Buster's" type place being Main Event, based off this article.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/News ... rcItwRO8Hs
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Main Event is going to Crackerneck near Bass Pro
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Main Event has Bowling and Dave and Busters is like Chuckie Cheese. Their's other places coming to Bass Pro's property.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Platte Purchase Dr. exit along 152 hwy is closed until May 2022. Some ramps may open earlier. MODOT is building diverging diamond interchange to handle traffic from northland soccer complex, shopping center and future Platte County middle and high schools planned at the intersection.

https://www.modot.org/sites/default/fil ... 4S3347.pdf
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Also Twin Creeks last 2 Inline spaces and lot by Furniture Deals lease pending.